Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool Car in Fells Point Today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
rolleyes.gif
krazykonrad
I saw a MG GT down there a while back. 1st hardtop MG I ever saw.

Konrad
zymurgist
I saw this on the street in Delray Beach, Florida. 912 with 14 inch Fuchs. Beautiful car. I was lucky that he was driving around looking for a place to park... I saw him sitting at the traffic light and snapped this as he went by for the second time.

Click to view attachment
Nick
Saw this in Georgetown in Washington DC
Nick
Not sure if it real or a recreation, but it was all metal
Nick
last one
geniusanthony
Ohhh, a Segway!!!
zymurgist
hahaha, that was my first thought when I saw the first picture.

NTTAWWT. gayfight.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Dec 31 2009, 02:09 PM) *

I saw this on the street in Delray Beach, Florida. 912 with 14 inch Fuchs. Beautiful car. I was lucky that he was driving around looking for a place to park... I saw him sitting at the traffic light and snapped this as he went by for the second time.

Click to view attachment

love that look. my 1968 912 around 1987
zymurgist
It looks like Babydoll's older brother!

IPB Image

Nick
Couldn't resist posting the pic with the segway
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 30 2009, 09:23 AM) *

rolleyes.gif

Fake. The Cap'n
Nick
Other than the value of the real deal is there a give away that you are seeing that you can ID it as a fake?
Rleog
Can you believe that 250 would be parked where it is, just waiting for someone to "park by ear" next to it when a space opened.
East coaster
Z-car with glass add-ons
bandjoey
What model is it supposed to be?
jsayre914
OMG I saw it again last night while driving home, parked on eastern ave side of the road top off and nobody around. This guy must be crazy blink.gif

must be a kit right? who parks there speedster in the dark alley and goes off to get drunk drunk.gif in baltimore....
type47
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 18 2010, 12:55 PM) *

This guy must be crazy blink.gif must be a kit right? who parks there speedster in the dark alley and goes off to get drunk drunk.gif in baltimore....

Baltimorons? confused24.gif
JRust

OMG I saw it again last night while driving home, parked on eastern ave side of the road top off and nobody around. This guy must be crazy blink.gif

must be a kit right? who parks there speedster in the dark alley and goes off to get drunk drunk.gif in baltimore....

I would say a VW kit. Bolt pattern on the wheels screams VW bug to me confused24.gif Of course I'm not authority sad.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 18 2010, 04:58 PM) *

This guy must be crazy blink.gif must be a kit right? who parks there speedster in the dark alley and goes off to get drunk drunk.gif in baltimore....

Baltimorons? confused24.gif

Drug dealers... erm, undocumented pharmacists?
zambezi
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 18 2010, 07:09 PM) *

I would say a VW kit. Bolt pattern on the wheels screams VW bug to me confused24.gif Of course I'm not authority sad.gif

Real speedsters also have the "wide 5" bolt pattern like the early VW's, but I do agree it is a kit. Typical kit giveaway is the wheel arches do not look correct and it does not have the bumper guards which any real speedster would have them unless they were going for the "outlaw" look which this car is not.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(East coaster @ Jan 1 2010, 06:07 AM) *

Z-car with glass add-ons

It's a lot more involved than that... it has a trunk instead of a hatchback... sliding side windows... those look like Borranis... correct dash... not to mention, the proportions are right... not like some stillborn kit car abomination. I'd bet it's a very well done knockoff on a 250GTE chassis, or at least a ground-up repro. Not a Z-car. Even though it's not a real GTO, I wouldn't be parking that car on the street.
Nick
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Mar 18 2010, 11:49 PM) *

QUOTE(East coaster @ Jan 1 2010, 06:07 AM) *

Z-car with glass add-ons

It's a lot more involved than that... it has a trunk instead of a hatchback... sliding side windows... those look like Borranis... correct dash... not to mention, the proportions are right... not like some stillborn kit car abomination. I'd bet it's a very well done knockoff on a 250GTE chassis, or at least a ground-up repro. Not a Z-car. Even though it's not a real GTO, I wouldn't be parking that car on the street.

Agreed, this car was all metal. Looking through the clear hood reveals 6 webers and 12 cylinders. 250 Recreation based on a Ferrari chassis. Very cool. I would bet ~150-200K worth of sheetmetal sitting on the street.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.