Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: price feeler 914-6 NOS muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sixaddict
Plan to sell 914-6 NOS muffler ...PN 901.111.011.11 (10/84) Leistritz (engraved into part)
Could some of you NOS guys tell me what it is worth. Generally nice but has one area of surface rust...I have been told "shelf wear" is acceptable.
Thanks
Terry
Joe Bob
I would guess what an old 911 muff would get. The only diff is the angle of the outlet. You'd best sell it on evilBay.

What makes you think it's a 914/6 and not an oem 911 muff?
sixaddict
Would not have asked the question if that was the answer. Difference is what makes it unique and important to a 6 restoration .......Reason I am sure is I checked with a couple of sources one being Stoddard and they gave me the number that happens to match what is on the muffler. Thanks for your input
bdstone914
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 30 2009, 11:21 AM) *

Plan to sell 914-6 NOS muffler ...PN 901.111.011.11 (10/84) Leistritz (engraved into part)
Could some of you NOS guys tell me what it is worth. Generally nice but has one area of surface rust...I have been told "shelf wear" is acceptable.
Thanks
Terry

The Dansk is still available new for $506 from Pelican.

Bruce
bobheinonen
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 30 2009, 07:30 PM) *

Would not have asked the question if that was the answer. Difference is what makes it unique and important to a 6 restoration .......Reason I am sure is I checked with a couple of sources one being Stoddard and they gave me the number that happens to match what is on the muffler. Thanks for your input

Agreed, Stoddard is an excellent source for vintage parts and information.
You have the correct part for a proper restoration.

As to prices, I troll eBay constantly. In the past 18 months, I have seen three of these NOS 914-6 mufflers come up. One sold for $465, one for $565 and the third is an unknown. For the third, it seems the seller got excited by an email from a potential buyer in Sweden. Up to this point, it appeared the seller did not know what he had. The seller ended the auction early after getting a Buy It Now price request from the Swede.

Hope this helps some.

Bob
914Sixer
I guess the best question is what is someone willing to pay for it. Money is still tight. I would say $400-$500.
sixaddict
Thanks ...Sounds logical. I'll put it in the attic with the rest of my six stuff that I paid too much for and now don't need. Sixers point is good. Not along ago people were paying 1200 for nice six oil tanks now they have gotten to well less than a 1000 ...I guess if our house values crater so does everything else. Supply and demand and demand is obviously weak.
ChicagoPete
I have to agree with Mark, between $400-$500. Although I seem to remember Armando selling one recently for around $350??

Does anyone else remember it?

Peter
Socalandy
Well I'm a sucker for NOS parts and restoring a factory 6 car so please post pics and give me your best price after the 914 World discount of course biggrin.gif

Thanks
sixaddict
Andy:
I have trouble getting my pics to load on this site (always says too large) . I will give it a shot and if it doesn't work ask for your email address. Thanks
Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.