Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with car (Wayne in Wylie)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zen motorcycle
Want to either get my car back running, or sell it off. I am on the fence about it now.

Could anyone local swing by and give an honest opinion about wither what it will take to get it back on the road, or what it is worth as is.

Thanks so much

Grady

located in Plano TX off of coit and 121
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(zen motorcycle @ Jan 1 2010, 01:06 PM) *

Want to either get my car back running, or sell it off. I am on the fence about it now.

Could anyone local swing by and give an honest opinion about wither what it will take to get it back on the road, or what it is worth as is.

Thanks so much

Grady

located in Plano TX off of coit and 121

I'd check with Clay Perrine if I were you. he is close and extremely knowledgable!
zen motorcycle
Clay is a bit of a drive from me, but Clay if you feel up to it I have a fridge full of beer
bandjoey
Add a second title line to get Waynes attention.
Wayne in Wylie Please lookie here...
He might be able to help or recommend somebody local. Hope you can get it running. Also pictures of trouble spots attract attention. Good luck
zen motorcycle
Thanks and pics as requested

rear passenger floor pan and firewall
IPB Image

back side
IPB Image

passenger jack point
IPB Image
tat2dphreak
can try to swing by this week or weekend.

with the pics posted, how confident of a welder are you?

you got a lot ahead of you... it can be done, but it would probably behoove you to take a different approach...

I would use that as a parts car, probably... and get a solid roller... I'll be glad to help in anyway tho.
zen motorcycle
Welding isn't a problem really, so I don't care about that.

Time is the main concern right now. I either want to get it running in short order, or pass it on at this point.

I hate to part it as from what I have been able to gather it is a complete 73 2.0

Pm sent on details

Thanks
tat2dphreak
took a look for grady today, the pictures make it look much worse... the longs appear solid and the suspension hear/hell hole was ok... it's going to be saved!
zen motorcycle
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 16 2010, 06:50 PM) *

took a look for grady today, the pictures make it look much worse... the longs appear solid and the suspension hear/hell hole was ok... it's going to be saved!

Thanks for stopping by today. I now have hope again.
bandjoey
WAYHOO! smash.gif Now the fun begins. Keep us posted with Pix's and we'll see you on the road in the spring.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 16 2010, 04:50 PM) *

aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
PM'd you about helping you with this. Do you know who owns the yellow 914 just above Plano Senior been parked there for the 3 years I've been on this side of town.
tat2dphreak
no clue. I've seen it there myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.