this is what the real men do!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29vbm3p2j4M&NR=1
messix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL58hUAGQu8
6freak
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 1 2010, 06:50 PM) *

or maybe for guys that cant swim lol-2.gif
messix
i gotta see this! albany Or. st john wa and marsing idaho.
NORD

This sounds like a 914 road trip. We need thier schedule

driving.gif
6freak
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 1 2010, 07:17 PM) *

i gotta see this! albany Or. st john wa and marsing idaho.

let me know when you go Troy will go together ..Ive been wanting to see that for awhile now.....O wait! i cant watch that, its not racing dry.gif ..no Bernie no Michael no TIRES no F1 no checkered flag ...IT CANT BE RACING stirthepot.gif ....OK so its got chit with big motors and thats fast as hell aktion035.gif ....I`M IN biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(NORD @ Jan 1 2010, 08:43 PM) *

This sounds like a 914 road trip. We need thier schedule

driving.gif

http://www.ussbaracing.com/Schedule/index.html
6freak
August 28 ......Hot weather = bikinis drooley.gif
VaccaRabite
Is this videos of Slew Racing?

Yep. When they crash it is spectacular. This was somehting that I did not know even existed 4 months ago.

Zach
drgchapman
It's called Sprint Boat racing. Think of a Rally/autocross mix, navigator/driver teams. Boats with roll bars, who'd a thunk it? The sport was started in New Zealand, spread to Australia and has been running around these parts for about 4 years now in different incarnations and venues. They are running in Albany, I know, saw them spraying away from I-5 as I drove by last summer. We saw them in Woodland, WA about three years ago. Great fun, loud big blocks, 14 foot aluminum boats with roll bars, thrust by Hamilton three stage pumps. Let off on the gas and you are not turning any more..........
DNHunt
You guys remember racing up the Sammamish slew between Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish? It was nowhere as tight as that but, it was class racing so,there could be a bunch of boats in there together. It was run what you brung and there was a class with boats towing water skiers. They used very long tow ropes so the skier had to worry about fouling the rope in the brush on the inside of turns.

One of the guys I used to race with put his boat right into a concrete bridge pillar at about 50. It is still the scariest accident I ever saw in person. The boat just disappeared. He was thrown clear and fine.

Click to view attachment

They ran that race for years. The old timers would tell the first time runners there was a bathtub sunk on the inside of a right hand turn near the end at Lake Sammamish. The new guys would take the corner wide and the old timers would have the inside on any new guys ahead of them.

Story

Dave
messix
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jan 2 2010, 06:07 AM) *

You guys remember racing up the Sammamish slew between Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish? It was nowhere as tight as that but, it was class racing so,there could be a bunch of boats in there together. It was run what you brung and there was a class with boats towing water skiers. They used very long tow ropes so the skier had to worry about fouling the rope in the brush on the inside of turns.

One of the guys I used to race with put his boat right into a concrete bridge pillar at about 50. It is still the scariest accident I ever saw in person. The boat just disappeared. He was thrown clear and fine.

Click to view attachment

They ran that race for years. The old timers would tell the first time runners there was a bathtub sunk on the inside of a right hand turn near the end at Lake Sammamish. The new guys would take the corner wide and the old timers would have the inside on any new guys ahead of them.

Story

Dave

yea i remember that. i think i went to the last race before the slew was straightened out and ruined. those boats went insanely fast for what they were racing in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.