Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Finished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I think I finished Dec 22nd. I have a suspicious feeling that it never really ends. Anyway, I won't know much till the license plates arrive and I can shake it out. The paint is PPG Omni single stage L80E.

Click to view attachment

I painted the valances, spoilers, engine lid and wheels with SEM "Hot Rod Black".

Click to view attachment

Except, I painted this horn plate to match the existing wrinkle finish on the steering wheel extension (which is not seen here). Eleven month's from start to imagined finish. I think the po had some brake work done by the same idiot that usually serviced it. I believe a few hard turns and some bumpy roads will chase a few bubbles out of the brake lines. If I'm wrong, I forsee a master cylinder in the near future. The next time I post it should be on the road.

Click to view attachment
markb
smilie_pokal.gif

You can add a whole bunch more pics if ya want. smile.gif
quadracerx
WOW....AWESOME.....
Gint
Looks fantastic! I reformatted your post a little. Line breaks and whatnot.
PanelBilly
I can tell you how many times I blead the brakes to get the last of the air out. I figured out that the connecting fixture that lets the line turn 90 degrees into the center tunnel (behind the rack) was not tight enough and I think that's where the air came from. Finely, no air.
76-914
OK, I'll throw in some more. 3 at a time. Thanks Gint, you've tidied up for me before. I can't get that part figured out. Thanks again. And PB, thx for the tip. I'm sure I'll be posting re: the brakes. One quick thought about painting. If you are a complete novice, such as myself, expect to spend about $800.00+ depending upon cost of paint, papers, buffer, etc. and 80+ hours labor depending upon amount of body finish and fuck ups. I painted/sanded my hood 3 times; my drivers door 3 times; trunk lid twice. It was a real learning experience (and it shows) but I relished every moment of it. So here are a few of the interior (original sans carpet). The console had a small wear spot from shoes so I added an aluminum scuff plate which you see on the side of the console. I polished the piece but the pic doesn't show well. The clock was toast so I replaced it w/ elec fuel pres gage. (the dark one on the top of the console stack)
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
76-914
A few shots leading up to the finished product:
If I remember correctly, in this first picture I had just entered the third ring of Hell.
Click to view attachment

Three attempts later:
Click to view attachment

If all the pieces were this small we'd all look like pro's. The third eye(browe)? The original had been craved up to fit so I got a replacement but wasn't sure if I could make it work so I painted both of them just in case:
Click to view attachment
76-914
A few assm shots from the IPhone:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Burning the midnite oil (is there any other way to get one of these things done?) A nite shot of the $60.00 paint booth. Slits informed me that "Paint Booth" is actually an old Red River Indian term which means "Place of Sorry Assed High". Seriously, even with a new mask it still gets to you.(BTW, their only good for 90 days after opened.)
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
It looks really nice. I'm beginning to wish I had painted my car white.
jmill
Where did you get the wing rib?

76-914
A few more body shots: Hey, what do y guy's think about PORSCHE side decals? yes/no? If yes which format? Blk on Wht or vice versa?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
It got good to me so I decided to paint my wifes dog to match!
Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(jmill @ Jan 3 2010, 10:41 AM) *

Where did you get the wing rib?

A previous life. That was my last A/C project. My wife put her foot down and said no more planes. So here I am.
jmill
Your car looks great. In my previous life I was an aircraft mechanic. My wife has a similar opinion on planes. Looks like we both ended up in the same place. bye1.gif
76-914
QUOTE(jmill @ Jan 3 2010, 12:44 PM) *

Your car looks great. In my previous life I was an aircraft mechanic. My wife has a similar opinion on planes. Looks like we both ended up in the same place. bye1.gif

It's amazing how many 914 parts we can get from Aircraft Spruce. I checked out your build thread. Nice work. Very nice welds.
veltror
A late tan interior!!!! i have one here inthe UK but all European cars were black,I have a damaged drivers seat headrest but all the recover kits are a slightly different shade. On the plus side the door panels and firewall is perfect.....

Looks good...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.