Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed new Flexdam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TC 914-8
Since Santa seemed to miss my request for a factory five GTM. I got myself something to help pass the winter doldrums. Mark @914 rubber.com, had a few made, and may not further production, so I grabed what I could. Instead of bolting the rubber section thru the front fiberglass dam ( so you would see the the bolts or screws) I made brackets to hang the rubber behind the dam, No bolts or screws showing, plus if it scrapes in the ground it wont stress out the fiberglass.
This is the before
Click to view attachment
These are after
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
McMark
Nice work. Can't even tell and I like your attention to detail. thumb3d.gif
VaccaRabite
How did you do the rubber part?
Looks killer, I can't wait to do mine!
Zach
EdwardBlume
Very cool. Looks cool! beer.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 2 2010, 05:06 PM) *

How did you do the rubber part?
Looks killer, I can't wait to do mine!
Zach

I'll get Picts from behind so you can see the brackets.I couldent see drilling thru the front of a nice clean dam. Mark did say he was sending you one, Good luck.
Rleog
What source did you use for the fiberglass dam?
Mike Bellis
where do I get one?
TC 914-8
Here are picts of the brackets I made/used. I had a peice of stock from who know's what laying around. Cut 10 or so 1" peices, drilled and fitted.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
championgt1
Wow Tony! That looks really nice. beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
This time last year I started a thread about getting Mikey914 to make a run of these. He got a prototype made, but needed at least 50 people who wanted them before he would invest in the tooling. There was not enough interest, so he sold off the 7 prototypes he made.

FedEx broke mine in two. sad.gif But Mikey914 is a champ, and is taking care of it.
Zach
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 2 2010, 07:22 PM) *

This time last year I started a thread about getting Mikey914 to make a run of these. He got a prototype made, but needed at least 50 people who wanted them before he would invest in the tooling. There was not enough interest, so he sold off the 7 prototypes he made.

FedEx broke mine in two. sad.gif But Mikey914 is a champ, and is taking care of it.
Zach

Now that sucks, F--ing Fed Ex. headbang.gif
Mikey914 ( Mark) definetly is a right-on guy smilie_pokal.gif I wonder where the other 5 went?
Post'em here
messix
nice work
MDG
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jan 2 2010, 10:34 PM) *

I wonder where the other 5 went?
Post'em here

I have one; luckily FedEx left mine intact dry.gif It looks great but it won't be on the car until summer once the flares are done and the 3.2 is in.

m.
ellisor3
I have one as well. Waiting on paint to install. I have been thinking how to install the flex rubber without having the bolts seen, that is a great idea. aktion035.gif
Mikey914
I will be having to have another made for Zack, I can have a few more done at the same time PM me if you want one. It shoud be about 2 weeks, I'm in the process of determining exactly where we're at, and should know more this next week.
-Mark
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 3 2010, 12:44 PM) *

I will be having to have another made for Zack, I can have a few more done at the same time PM me if you want one. It shoud be about 2 weeks, I'm in the process of determining exactly where we're at, and should know more this next week.
-Mark

price?
Mikey914
$110, the rubber actually costs me $30, if you want that too, I can include. Shipping will be at cost, it is oversive so I'll quote if you pm me your zip code.
computers4kids
Tony,
Very nicely done! The brackets really make the install work. smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
Does it fold in at 100+ mph or is it stiff enough?

idea.gif Andy

PS: On the 911 racecar, we did the same but used aluminum sheeting. It'll bend right back and is sturdy enough to not flex at high speeds ...
Kargeek
Click to view attachmentNice work, I wished I'd thought of hiding the attachment rivets.
I attached the rubber and painted them with the spoiler.

One mod I did was to mold in a matching inner fender lip to follow the opening into the fiberglass spoiler.

I also cut down the width of the rubber piece as even shortened it rubs on the ground with driveway approaches.

DH
arvcube
awesome! thanks for sharing this. I think I have one of the five. mine wont be on soon either, as i still have to work on my bumper back-date, but i didn't want to miss out on the opportunity of getting one of these. FedEx spared mine.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 5 2010, 09:51 AM) *

Does it fold in at 100+ mph or is it stiff enough?

idea.gif Andy

PS: On the 911 racecar, we did the same but used aluminum sheeting. It'll bend right back and is sturdy enough to not flex at high speeds ...

Not sure about the MPH rating, I'll have to wait until spring. I'll keep you posted popcorn[1].gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Kargeek @ Jan 5 2010, 03:33 PM) *

Click to view attachmentNice work, I wished I'd thought of hiding the attachment rivets.
I attached the rubber and painted them with the spoiler.

One mod I did was to mold in a matching inner fender lip to follow the opening into the fiberglass spoiler.

I also cut down the width of the rubber piece as even shortened it rubs on the ground with driveway approaches.

DH

Looks Sharp, I left the rubber the full width case i want to LOWER it even more in the future.
Show us a pict of the inner fender, that was one concern I had, my previous dam had that, this one didn't. I was thinking how I could make it work, need more fab work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.