Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot-Spark Ignition - Anyone try one yet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
http://www.hot-spark.com/

Hey all, has anyone tried one of these yet? Price and warranty seem right.
Als914
Hey tod914,

I installed a pertronics EIU in my 914 some 7/8 years back and also addad HOT WIRES spark plug wires at the same time. At the time my car could not meet Ca. emissions std. After inslling them I never had a problem again and performance was improved. The real upside to these units is at tune up time all you change are plugs, rotor and cap.....love it.

Al
championgt1
idea.gif That is a pretty good price. Hell, the entire distributor is only $129. I think the petronix in my car has taken a crap. I might just try this one instead of replacing the petronix. confused24.gif
Bartlett 914
I asked that question a while back. All I got was crap about buying Chinese knockoffs. I did get one. It worked.
ahdoman
The "Hot-Spark" is a little bit more sensitive to current. If I remember right there is some sort of disclaimer about the amount of power it can handle. I had both the Hot Spark and the Petronix.
tod914
Ah made in China? I'll pass then and spend a couple extra bucks and keep the money in USA. Maybe I'll try a Compufire this time around.
underthetire
Yes i'm using one. They work fine. The company is a pleasure to do business with. They come from Texas, don't know if they make them there or not. You can actually call and talk to someone. Don't kid yourself, most electronics come from China now, even if they are assembled here.
tod914
Are you using a bosch blue coil with it Under?
underthetire
Yes I am, or was till my little fire. Back to points now, but will probably get it again unless I do crank fire. They even say on the website blue coil is ok. Someone on this site bought one a couple weeks back and it failed on him. I don't know the reason why, but they did replace it for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.