Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical confusion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I nearly have the body electrial complete, just a few thing to complete. I'm lost on this one. I don't have enough light bulbs for the heater controls in the dash. There are two general lights (black with blue strip wire) and I think they go in the bottom locations, but only one light for the top (one red, one brown/grey). But there are two places for a light on the top! I can't find a light without a home. Could it be that I don't use one of the light locations? Oh, this is a "73. On my parts car that is a "75, there are three general light bulbs in a row. Upper left and the two lower locations.
detoxcowboy
Just a heads thought here, I have a '74 2.0 with same 3 your talking about, and actaully was going to go back in and either make it a two or run a jumper and make it a four.. Now what is intended factory I do not know though 4 seem to be the optimal.. Second class of thought was prior to either cutting one or adding a jumper was to double check the seatbelt warning light which is right next to where we are discussing and making sure it has a light too and one of the three was not intended ect.. .. All that said If your need a bulb holder w/ bulb for a jumper then i will give it to you free.. PM me though as I am not reliable to come back to this topic in my mind..
ClayPerrine
There are actually only 2 in the heater controls. One of the others is the "fan on" indicator bulb.

detoxcowboy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 4 2010, 08:47 PM) *

There are actually only 2 in the heater controls. One of the others is the "fan on" indicator bulb.

Yeah Clay!! Thanks Sir..

ON this subject little known fact I found out working on my car in the dark with a flashlight...

The up down arrows are made of plastic that glows in the dark.. NO SHIZLE!! freaked me out how pointless useless they are that way.. But it is true..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.