Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M&K Muffler Group Buy New Year Special
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
hwgunner
I have been dealing with Ben at M&K and have worked out a deal for a group buy on some of his mufflers. Here is how it will work. There are 4 different mufflers that are available.
1) 2 in 2 out
2) 2 in 1 out
3) Sport
4) 1in 1 out (for your Carrera guys)

To qualify for the group buy we need to have at least 5 people commit, with a $50.00 deposit, to the same muffler. If I get 5 people I can offer $100 off the regular price for the 2 in mufflers and $75 off the price of the 1 in. If we get to 10 people on any one muffler then I can take the price down another $50 on any of the mufflers. To be sure people understand, we need to have at least 5 people committed to a muffler to get the $100 off that muffler. As an example, if 5 people commit to the 2 in 2 out then the price for that muffler is $625. If 3 other people commit to the 2 in 1 out, that muffler does NOT qualify for the group buy, until it hits 5.

2 in 2 out
Regular Price=$725
Qty5=$625
Qty10=$575
1. Glenn Cormalis 1/22/2010 (Check)

2 in 1 out
Regular Price=$725
Qty5=$625
Qty10=$575
1. Bryan Piereson brp986s

911 Sport
Regular Price=$725
Qty5=$625
Qty10=$575

1 in 1 out
Regular Price=$625
Qty5=$550
Qty10=$500

R Muffler
Regular Price=$725
Qty5=$625
Qty10=$575
1. Travis Neff-Hoehne 1/15/2010 Travis Neff
2. Bob Nielsen 1/18/2010

All of this is plus shipping and Ca Sales Tax if you are in California. You can email or call me with any questions. Please reply to this post with your muffler choice if you want one. I will accept paypal and Postal MO for deposit and final payment. Mufflers will include a complete hardware kit. I will keep a list on this thread of who has committed and for which one.

Hwgunner at msn dot com
800-321-5432
TravisNeff
Any chance of a group buy on the "R" 2 out muffler?
hwgunner
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jan 5 2010, 05:25 PM) *

I will check with Ben tomorrow, but I do not see why not. You would want the 2 in R muffler, correct?

jonathan
TravisNeff
Yes
Justinp71
Bummer I just bought one about 2 months ago... It is a very nice muffler, the best deal around on a stainless 911 muffler for sure.

I bought the 2in 2 out, what I love is you have the option to cap one side and go in 'stealth' mode... smile.gif
EdwardBlume
These are for /6s right?
rfuerst911sc
For any of you that are on the fence making a decision let me tell you about these mufflers. I have two of these. One is a very early pre-production 2 in 2 out that I am running on my 3.0 GT clone with headers. My mechanic just got the car running last week and I haven't heard it yet. But on my SC I have a Generation 1 muffler in 2 in 2 out configuration with SSI header/heat exchangers. I have been driving with that setup for over 2 years and just love it. Now be aware ANY 2 out muffler is going to have some resonance. Mine is around 2200-2400 or so. The mufflers being sold now are Gen V or Gen VI and I believe they have been toned down a little. Ben ( owner of M&K ) also sells " caps " and " inserts " for the tailpipes so you can play around with tuning. I have not tried the inserts yet but I do cap off the passenger side outlet for daily driving. In 1 out configuration I feel the muffler is perfect. When I feel like it I remove one bolt, slide out the cap which really goes " in " the tailpipe vs. " over " and let her rip ! biggrin.gif In the 2 out configuration when you get up to about 4000 revs she REALLY starts to scream right up to 7000, visions of Mulsanne straight are the concert you hear. Also the only muffler I know of made of 321SS vs. 304 that everyone else uses. They are about 14-15 lbs. in weight and the welds are like looking at art they are that beautiful. And last Ben is an enthusiest and great guy to deal with. I have nothing to do with M&K other than being a very happy customer. So if you have been looking for a new muffler for your six do it you won't regret it. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 9 2010, 05:10 PM) *

These are for /6s right?

Yes these are for /6's.
campbellcj
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jan 10 2010, 05:37 AM) *

Ben ( owner of M&K ) also sells " caps " and " inserts " for the tailpipes so you can play around with tuning. I have not tried the inserts yet but I do cap off the passenger side outlet for daily driving. In 1 out configuration I feel the muffler is perfect. When I feel like it I remove one bolt, slide out the cap which really goes " in " the tailpipe vs. " over " and let her rip !

I just got my tailpipe cap from Ben today and am puzzled by how it installs. I just emailed Ben directly but figured someone here might have the answer or better yet, some pics!

Sounds like he may have changed the design as I have the "R" muffler and this cap goes over the pipe not inside. It came with a band clamp with a little peg welded onto it but for the life of me I cannot envision how to install that, as it is too small to go all the way around the outside of the pipe+cap.

I could easily just drill a small hole and use a set screw to hold on the cap but I'm not sure that is the intended design. Any tips or pics appreciated!

PS this muffler absolutely rocks and I love the fully uncorked sound! I just want to avoid undue attention in certain cases/places where I might drive the car, like across town to the shop etc. hence the cap...

Cheers

campbellcj
FWIW, got the answer from Ben re. the clamp (thanks Ben!): It's a "pin clamp" and you simply drill a hole thru the cap and tailpipe in the desired location and pop the clamp over it. That way the cap is held in place securely but can be installed/removed without any tools or small screws (easy to lose).
hwgunner
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jan 5 2010, 05:25 PM) *

Yes the R muffler will be included if we get enough people. I will add it to the list.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Jan 11 2010, 08:43 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 9 2010, 05:10 PM) *

These are for /6s right?

Yes these are for /6's.

headbang.gif
hwgunner
Couple deposits made, couple more on the way. driving.gif
hwgunner
Got another deposit for the 2 in 2 out. Several other people asking questions too. driving.gif
whatabout1
Come on guys !!!

poke.gif
hwgunner
Still open icon_bump.gif
hwgunner
still going! icon_bump.gif
hwgunner
OK, i have 2 people interested in the R muffler and one in the 2 in 2 out muffler. the alloted time is up but i am willing to wait a little longer if everyone else is. If i can get 2 more people interested in the R muffler i will buty the last one for stock so that we get the group buy deal. If I can get 3 more people interested in the 2 in 2 out muffler the i will buy the last one of those also. If any body does not want to wait any longer let me know and i will refund your $$$.
whatabout1
Come on !!! Bob needs a muffler !

Ok, everyone just agree on a GT-3 drooley.gif
hwgunner
Looks like this is a bust unless I get a couple more commitments for either muffler. Need to wrap up for my sake and the sake of those that put up their $50. Any new takers
brp986s
deposit sent for 2 in/1 out
hwgunner
I will be closing this group buy at the end of this week. if i do not have enough people to buy 5 of any one muffler then i will be refunding the deposits that i have taken. If any of the people who have made deposits would like to change mufflers let me know, i will make the change.
whatabout1
Bump

So where are we at ?

Bob still needs a muffler.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.