Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back up Light Switch Connectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
I'm wondering about the pros and cons of using crimped on bullet connectors at the back up light switch wiring instead of the soldered ones. I have one connector broken off and it's a pain to get to it to solder.

Any thoughts?

Paul

SirAndy
Shouldn't matter as long as there's enough slack in the wire and the crimp connection is good.

shades.gif Andy
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jan 5 2010, 05:48 PM) *

I'm wondering about the pros and cons of using crimped on bullet connectors at the back up light switch wiring instead of the soldered ones. I have one connector broken off and it's a pain to get to it to solder.

Any thoughts?

Paul

come on paul bite the "bullet" connector and solder them on. Available new anywhere and fit better than those crimp on things
Cap'n Krusty
The "pros"are they're easier to attach to the wires. The "cons" are they don't fit in the switch. Might wanna just get the correct metric bullets and do it right.

The Cap'n
biosurfer1
agree.gif The PO put the crimped bullets on my mine and I usually don't have backup lights...guess why mad.gif
IronHillRestorations
Anyone know where the correct metric bullets are available?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jan 5 2010, 08:09 PM) *

Anyone know where the correct metric bullets are available?

I have a bunch of them. Both the originals (used) and new.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 5 2010, 06:04 PM) *

The "pros"are they're easier to attach to the wires. The "cons" are they don't fit in the switch. Might wanna just get the correct metric bullets and do it right.

The Cap'n

Capn'n Hit It!! They don't fit the metric switch!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.