Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass parts source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Can anyone recommend a source for a fiberglass front valance that really fits? I have bought a few in the past but have had to struggle to get them to fit on the car; twisting and pulling waiting for it to crack. The last one had tabs too short that never lined up with the holes in the car body. Thanks for the suggestions.
Ed
detoxcowboy
for the LE reproduction valance/spoiler.. appearance and performance is by far an excellent fit..

...but for the stock pan/valance ??
Rand
Getty Design is also known for quality and fit.
http://www.gettydesign.com/catalog.html
pete-stevers
i have fitted and worked with GT, i like the product however if you want it to fit properly be prepared to spend a few hours grinding, shaping, trimming painting etc with most any glass products.
martman
Have you checked with QRS Fiberglass.
He has been making and building fiberglass parts for many many years. He makes all the 914 Porsche body parts along with desert race truck bodies to building a custom $2M Bugatti Veyron body for a sand car. The desert people must have a lot of money.

I know his fit is good. On his website there is a blue 914 (916) the owner built the car with every fiberglass part from him. There are over 20 pictures to see the parts.

I talked to him today and he has some new Boxster parts ready to be but on line.
campbellcj
Getty Design stuff is top notch. I have had mixed results with GT Racing parts and have heard the same from several others. Many of their molds are old and some of the parts require significant trimming and fitting (which admittedly they are up-front about in their catalog and web site) while others are more plug n' play. I have two rear bumpers from GT for instance, and they are night and day different in design, weight and finish. The old one is the better one!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.