Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A couple of laughs over the weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
This past weekend I was out and seen a 74 1.8
at a used car lot, so I had to stop. The salesman
came out and started talking up the "porch" a great
little car for $6500 ohmy.gif

I ask for the keys, start it up and it ran, sort of.
I open the rear trunk and there are two holes the
size of my shoe buy each light. Salesman "a little
fiberglass will fix that", you can't stick a hair in
the passenger door gap, salesman "door just needs
a little adjustment" then almost falls on his ass trying to pull it open. Salesman wants to show me
the clean engine, yup, pops the front trunk. laugh.gif
Now he is confused, so I show him where the
engine is, single carb dirt covered missing battery
tray.... I thank him for his time and start to walk
a way. He says he would really like to move this car
so I tell him he has one too many zeros in the asking
price and offer $500 for it. Needless to say I didn't
get it. smile.gif

Story #2

Washed my 914 this morning and found a small
amount of water on the passenger floor. I was
looking for the leak when a "older" neighbor was
walking by and stopped to chat and look at the car.
He asked what I was doing and I told him I had a
water leak from behind the glove box, he looks in
the car and says "check your heatercore, looks like
antifreeze". I explain this is a aircooled car, I get the
huh.gif look and he says well just check and
makesure the heatercore is ok. I thank him and say
I will.

- Garold
SLITS
Used car salesman are a laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif and he win's the pissoff.gif smilie_pokal.gif award.

As far as the neighbor, well...... beerchug.gif
East coaster
I went to look at a 914-6 at a Saab dealer once and the saleswomen came out to great me as I looked the car over in the lot. She went through the normal introductions and small talk. She then asked if I would like to see the engine, I said sure! Predictably, she proceeded to open the front trunk and very smoothly said "and here's trunk, now would you like to see the engine?", just like she meant to do it. I said sure I'd like to see the engine. So she walked around to the back and opened rear trunk and smoothly said, "and here's the other trunk and I don't know where the hell they put the engine!" I got a good laugh out of it, as I saw where it was going to go from the very begining. She was cool about and laughed as well, so I showed her where the engine was for future reference. I should've bought that car.... sad.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(East coaster @ Mar 22 2004, 03:50 PM)
I went to look at a 914-6 at a Saab dealer once and the saleswomen came out to great me as I looked the car over in the lot. She went through the normal introductions and small talk. She then asked if I would like to see the engine, I said sure! Predictably, she proceeded to open the front trunk and very smoothly said "and here's trunk, now would you like to see the engine?", just like she meant to do it. I said sure I'd like to see the engine. So she walked around to the back and opened rear trunk and smoothly said, "and here's the other trunk and I don't know where the hell they put the engine!" I got a good laugh out of it, as I saw where it was going to go from the very begining. She was cool about and laughed as well, so I showed her where the engine was for future reference. I should've bought that car.... sad.gif

Instead of showing her where the engine was, you should have asked her to come down about $6000 off the price since it obviously had no engine. wink.gif
EdwardBlume
It just goes to show you that car salesmen can 1) point out obvious things, and 2) lie out of their @$$. spank.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.