Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temecula Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
icon_bump.gif Looking for a few misfits to form a loose knit group for some Dawn Patrol Runs. Say, one Saturday a month. Meet for coffee, BS as time allows, and at first light up the mountains or any other nice cruise. Maybe 1 - 2 hr's stick time, then back to home base by 10am before the kitchen pass runs out. Kent

Update: piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif Are you still up for a Saturday morning run Jan 30? confused24.gif If so PM me and I will list you in the post. If not, maybe next month. If so, see you there. Check post for updates. The last rain should be out of here Tuesday and after all the snow it should be a beautiful crisp ride. See post listed below for info. Kent
Socalandy
Temecula is an hours drive for me 91-15

I'd be up for some drives driving.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jan 7 2010, 04:54 PM) *

I hear ya. I don't think they're are that many of us in this area. Maybe 5 or 6. What are the odds of 2 or more of these being in running condition on the same Saturday. What was I thinking? av-943.gif But the more the merrier. I've seen your car. What a beauty. It would be like the drop dead gorgeous girl flanked by her ugly sisters. Why not! It's up the flag pole. We'll see who salutes this week then post time & location. I'm still waiting on plates? SEE
Click to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 7 2010, 05:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jan 7 2010, 04:54 PM) *

I hear ya. I don't think they're are that many of us in this area. Maybe 5 or 6. What are the odds of 2 or more of these being in running condition on the same Saturday. What was I thinking? av-943.gif But the more the merrier. I've seen your car. What a beauty. It would be like the drop dead gorgeous girl flanked by her ugly sisters. Why not! It's up the flag pole. We'll see who salutes this week then post time & location. I'm still waiting on plates? SEE

I am up for it. My car is out for a least a month though. Fuchs and new fuel pump location for now. Then I want to drive it with the shiny new wheels for at least a little while.
72914GOLD
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 7 2010, 04:38 PM) *

Looking for a few misfits to form a loose knit group for some Dawn Patrol Runs. Say, one Saturday a month. Meet for coffee, BS as time allows, and at first light up the mountains or any other nice cruise. Maybe 1 - 2 hr's stick time, then back to home base by 10am before the kitchen pass runs out. Kent

I am in Lake Elsinore and would be up for a drive . I have a 72 914 soon to get a subie motor.
johnnie5
I'm in San Diego proper, but am down for a pow wow. I am driving down to La Paz for a week or two, hopefully you guys have things sorted by the time I return.

I can stay out all day, no kitchen pass needed! stirthepot.gif
craig downs
HMMM This sounds like fun. I don't like getting up early though. But while most people are still snoozing we could be having some fun on some clear roads
76-914
agree.gif Plus the air is thicker and that stroker of yours is gonna love it. We'll be eating Craig's exhaust for sure! But it will be fun. piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving-girl.gif Gosh. I'm getting a good response so far. Better than I had expected but in reality we'll only end up with 3 or 4 guys that can/will do this once a month. Which is good, too. driving.gif driving.gif
And johnnie5: I hope I have a set of plates by then. They cashed my ck 12-23-09. WTF.gif
72914gold: I'll bet you know some back roads in that area that are ripe for cruising, too. I found a cool back road to Hemet via the wine country road the other day.
914_teener: Not to worry. Most of our cars have two seats and only one person. Especially at 0530hr's. Ride with anyone but me. The wait for the license plates has me thinking our first outing might be my inaugural trip. e.g. breakdowns!!!!!!! But if your nuts screwy.gif enough you can sit in the right seat.
As mentioned before, I'll give this till mid week then post a
Saturday date appx 10days beyond. After that we'll see what works. aktion035.gif cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 8 2010, 05:21 PM) *

agree.gif Plus the air is thicker and that stroker of yours is gonna love it. We'll be eating Craig's exhaust for sure! But it will be fun. piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving-girl.gif Gosh. I'm getting a good response so far. Better than I had expected but in reality we'll only end up with 3 or 4 guys that can/will do this once a month. Which is good, too. driving.gif driving.gif
And johnnie5: I hope I have a set of plates by then. They cashed my ck 12-23-09. WTF.gif
72914gold: I'll bet you know some back roads in that area that are ripe for cruising, too. I found a cool back road to Hemet via the wine country road the other day.
914_teener: Not to worry. Most of our cars have two seats and only one person. Especially at 0530hr's. Ride with anyone but me. The wait for the license plates has me thinking our first outing might be my inaugural trip. e.g. breakdowns!!!!!!! But if your nuts screwy.gif enough you can sit in the right seat.
Saturday date appx 10days beyond. After that we'll see what works. aktion035.gif cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Man I missing out on all the cool events, any up for helping me get one of my cars running hissyfit.gif my white car needs a one over and my red car need to have the motor drop and put the replacement in. popcorn[1].gif any takers btw I also posted on the other site.
914_teener
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 8 2010, 10:35 PM) *

Man I missing out on all the cool events, any up for helping me get one of my cars running hissyfit.gif my white car needs a one over and my red car need to have the motor drop and put the replacement in. popcorn[1].gif any takers btw I also posted on the other site.

I can help you at the end of this month mid February. My car is up on the stands for the moment. I lost the fuel pump after the Hangover run. Now it's.....while I'm there....anyway I should be done with it in 2 or 3 weeks.

Send me a PM when you are ready to switch motors....maybe it'll be a preview for me at the end of this year.

Rob
craig downs
My son told me about a good twisty road that goes from just off the 76 up thru Fallbrook and ends in Murrieta.
oldschool
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 9 2010, 09:30 AM) *

I can help you at the end of this month mid February. My car is up on the stands for the moment. I lost the fuel pump after the Hangover run. Now it's.....while I'm there....anyway I should be done with it in 2 or 3 weeks.

Send me a PM when you are ready to switch motors....maybe it'll be a preview for me at the end of this year.

Rob

thanks man I will.
silver74insocal
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 9 2010, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 9 2010, 09:30 AM) *

Rob

thanks man I will.

agree.gif
jim_hoyland
I'd be interested, maybe I can caravan down with SoCalAndy. I do like the early part... smile.gif
martman
I live in Hemet and would like that. You might be surprised how many of us 914 owners there are out here in Gods country.
76-914
QUOTE(martman @ Jan 10 2010, 09:36 AM) *

I live in Hemet and would like that. You might be surprised how many of us 914 owners there are out here in Gods country.

I saw you on Florida Ave. one day, I think. Do you have a clean, stock 2.0? Maybe blue or green in colour. Anyway, I'll post mid week our first Saturday run.
76-914
OK, this is this best day that I came up with (if you want to watch the playoffs that is and I do) Jan 30, Sat @ Coco's 3246 W Florida Ave, Hemet, CA. Florida is the same as Hi way 74. From there we will be about 15 min's from the base of the mountains. There are a few photo stop points so bring your camera. A name badge is nice, too. Got mine yesterday. GREAT JOB CONEDODGER!! So here is the itinerary.

Coffee, BS and general lies 0600 - 0645; quick route brief, Q&A.

Depart 0700 -Sunrise -The Krazy's go 1st. The craziest Krazy will be appointed flight leader and shall be expected to vigorously deny any wrong doings that may reflect upon any member of our group. He/she shall also be expected to notify those of us in trail about hazardous road conditions, like cancer causing RADAR Waves.

Meet up in Idyllwild for more coffee, lies, war stories and general exaggerations.

Then back from whence you came at your own pace. If it's good we do it every month (weather permitting) with new & different back roads. I'll bet after a few month's we might know what tools & parts to bring!!!!!! BTW, if anyone's car did konk out I'm in the Winchester area so tools would be close.

Socalnewbie: If you still want to go, meet us at Coco's or PM me or one of the others to get a ride in the right seat.
RSVP Here
oz371
I'm in Rancho Cucamonga. Temecula drive sounds great! driving.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif Are you still up for a Saturday morning run Jan 30? If so PM me and I will list you in the post. If not, maybe next month. If so, see you there. Check post for updates. The last rain should be out of here Tuesday and after all the snow it should be a beautiful crisp ride. Kent
76-914
OK Saturday it is. Coco's, Hemet 0630-0700. See original post. Temps should be about 43'F in Hemet and 32-36F and mostly sunny on top. If you can't make it we'll see you next month. Name tags. If you got 'em bring 'em. See ya'll Sat am. All of our roads are open. http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roadla
76-914
icon_bump.gif If anyone here that is going has an extra seat, PM me.Mine's already taken. There's a guy on 914.club that wants to hitch a ride with us tomorrow. You could PM him. Share the scare!
Zardozz
What no pics from the run?! It's been almost a day already already...
jim_hoyland
Most of the pics are posted at: http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=187476

SoCalAndy and I left Anaheim at 5:00am for the trip to Hemet; 91 to 60 to 215, then to 73. Got lost and got in some extra sightseeing . Saw lots of dairy farms, they don't smell like milk ... then finally found the Coco's in Hemet.

We left Cocos for Idylwild with absolutely no traffic in front of us. The road has those perfect windy turns. By the time we reached 5,000 feet there was snow piled up on the sides of the road. Had a second breakfast at the Red Kettle and then left for Banning and back home.

A big thanks to 76-914 for organizing and showing the way; got to meet some new 914 owners from Fontana, Vista, and Hemet. Lot's of interesting cars out there.
914_teener
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 31 2010, 10:43 AM) *

Most of the pics are posted at: http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=187476

SoCalAndy and I left Anaheim at 5:00am for the trip to Hemet; 91 to 60 to 215, then to 73. Got lost and spent some extra sightseeing . Saw lots of dairy farms, they don't small like milk and finall found the Coco's in Hemet.

We left Coco for Idylwild with absolutely no traffic in front of us. The road has those perfect windy turns. By the time we reached 5,000 feet there was snow piled up on the sides of the road. Had a second breakfast at the Red Kettle and then left for Banning and back home.

A big thanks to 76-914 for organizing and showing the way; got to meet some new 914 owners from Fontana, Vista, and Hemet. Lot's of interesting cars out there.

Wow...amazing how much snow at 5,000 feet. Angeles Crest isn't even plowed yet because of the state budgjet crisis I hear.

Just got my car running again. Looked like fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.