Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Plastic air deflector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
WoodOne337
I would like to buy an air deflector that is attached to the pan just in front of the motor. I have attached a picture to show the piece that I am looking for. I am not sure if there is a difference between the left and right sides, but I am looking for the right side.

Thanks, Scott
kkid
What a coincidence!
I bought one today @ EASY in Emeryville CA. I paid $5. My car was missing on the driver side. Left and right are interchangeable with 4 bolt holes. I've checked with Parts Heaven but they are 3 time more expensive than EASY.
WoodOne337
QUOTE(kkid @ Jan 7 2010, 11:55 PM) *

What a coincidence!
I bought one today @ EASY in Emeryville CA. I paid $5. My car was missing on the driver side. Left and right are interchangeable with 4 bolt holes. I've checked with Parts Heaven but they are 3 time more expensive than EASY.

By chance would anyone have a part# for this item?

Thanks, Scott
kkid
I think it's 91455916310. When I last checked with PP, was told they were discontinued.
914werke
I have ONE left, check the ad linked in my signature. smile.gif
plas76targa
I've been looking for these too! After WoodOne337 gets his, if anyone else has these please PM me.
c12croft
idea.gif The description is in the name, however
what function do these perform in terms of the engine's operation?
RJMII
QUOTE(c12croft @ Jan 8 2010, 12:49 PM) *

They create a turbulence, forcing air in the correct directions to assist with cooling.
c12croft
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 8 2010, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(c12croft @ Jan 8 2010, 12:49 PM) *

They create a turbulence, forcing air in the correct directions to assist with cooling.

Where is the proper location for their install?
In engine bay or beneath car near rockers as depicted?
thanks,
rascobo

Where is the proper location for their install?
In engine bay or beneath car near rockers as depicted?
thanks,
[/quote]

They mount to the underside of the spot-welded flange where the floor pan meets the engine fire wall. You'll probably find the existing holes when You look close unless you have an early model, in which case You'll need to have someone measure theirs and let you know. Also,the side w/cross hatching faces engine compartment.

Scott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.