Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914.559.163.10
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History > Parts Vault
type47
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 8 2010, 06:56 AM) *

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
What is it? ... where does it go? ... what is the PET reference?

I'm guessing one of the airflow diverter flap under the car just in front of the engine bay?? popcorn[1].gif
silver74insocal
thats where mine is installed. good work!!
Tom_T
It was a lucky guess.......but this section is not for 914 tech quizes. biggrin.gif

However, what is more helpful for Teeners out here with this Parts Vault - is for the poster to provide an accurate description of the part, where it goes & what it's for, along with the PET reference.

... unless of course the person doesn't know & is asking for help.
type47
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 10 2010, 10:28 PM) *

However, what is more helpful for Teeners out here with this Parts Vault - is for the poster to provide an accurate description of the part, where it goes & what it's for, along with the PET reference.

I usually include the information but I can't find this part in the PET so no reference was included. I also searched the AA catalog and Pelican Parts for a picture to verify the part number. Part number and description in the title.
Tom_T
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 20 2010, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 10 2010, 10:28 PM) *

I usually include the information but I can't find this part in the PET so no reference was included. I also searched the AA catalog and Pelican Parts for a picture to verify the part number. Part number and description in the title.

Found it!!

Try #22 at Illustration 801-05 - the pic looks nothing like it, and then they call it a "protective plate" - which IIRC it was also called an "air diverter", which were added in MY 73+ to aid the air cooling flow under the car - especially with the higher output 2.0L 4 cyl. engine & 1.7/1.8 with increased pollution controls for Calif. - which made them run a bit hotter.

2 mount each side L & R at rear of underbody floor pan just ahead of the engine bay & engine mount crossbar, as seen in the nasty photo on my 73 2L below.

Click to view attachment

Let me know if that is the correct part, as the part no. matches but the other listing & pic seems odd (as noted above)?
confused24.gif
Tom_T
... Another nasty pic of them on my 73 2L showing them on both sides (at least part of them) ...

Click to view attachment

BTW - don't remove & discard them, as they're there to push the airflow to the right place for cooling the engine properly.
biggrin.gif
type47
Yea, I saw that part in the figure in the PET but it didn't look anything like the actual part even though it had the correct part number. Trying to verify the part number led me to search the AA catalog and PelicanParts for info. The only thing I eventually found was a single page in the factory workshop manual which even there, really didn't use the same part description.
Tom_T
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 21 2010, 06:36 AM) *

Yea, I saw that part in the figure in the PET but it didn't look anything like the actual part even though it had the correct part number. Trying to verify the part number led me to search the AA catalog and PelicanParts for info. The only thing I eventually found was a single page in the factory workshop manual which even there, really didn't use the same part description.

Jim, their PET translations from German seem to read like the various Asian languages' to English translations for electronics & computers today! lol-2.gif

In the PET they also call the little rectangular base gasket/seal for the side mirrors - "Desk Pad" !! - WTF !!??
IronHillRestorations
Those plastic flaps create negative pressure and improve the flow of cooling air.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.