Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rear Caliper Rebuild Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I have a line on rear caliper rebuild kits for 6 cylinder cars. The price for the kit is $55 per side.

I can also get the rear e-brake arm rebuild kits (4 cylinder or 6) for $27.50 each side. (NLA from Porsche)

The place I'm getting them from said that they might be able to work a little on the price, but I won't know until I place the order THIS WED MORNING. If you want in on this action I need a PayPal (markd@mac.com) for the parts up front and if there is a discount available you will get the difference when I mail the kit out.

This is a quick buy happening RIGHT NOW!
davep
Exactly what is included in these kits?

DaveP
McMark
Yeah, I guess that's good to know. Here's the stuff from the e-brake arm seal kit.

1. E-Brake Arm Seal
2. Piston Adjusting Screw O-Ring
3. E-Brake Arm Cover

I think the Caliper Half O-Rings are in the caliper kits.

IPB Image
McMark
The 914-6 Caliper Rebuild Kit comes with #11, #12, #13, #21.
McMark
These two kits will make your brakes sealed nice and tight and the e-brake kit makes your ebrake actually work nice and smooth. It makes your calipers factory fresh.
gwh611
Call me an idiot, but...

Does kit this include the world-infamous NLA O-Ring?
McMark
I think you're referring to part #11 in the diagram and yes it does. Unfortunately I can't say that it's 100% original (can't remember exactly). I have used this kit to rebuild 914-6 calipers and found everything to be of good quality and fit. I have no complaints about using this kit.
davep
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Mar 22 2004, 10:18 PM)
I think you're referring to part #11 in the diagram and yes it does.

part 11 is the square O-ring for the caliper halves and is not the infamous NLA part.
This part is only useful if you split the halves, and I have reused these many times.
The infamous part is the tiny O-ring for the outside adjuster that is not broken down on the parts diagram.
Parts Werks of Chicago sets both adjuster O-rings in their O-ring kit for $20.

DaveP
McMark
I'm getting the strong feeling that these kits aren't a high interest item for anyone. I'll just order my kits and take pictures of them.

Oh well.
confused24.gif
davep
Mark, and all,

As I said to Mark in a private note, Pelican has the early 911 rear caliper repair kit for $14.25. These have the correct size piston seal (38mm) as the 914/6. The dust seals should work also. If there are no "magic" parts in these kits, then it appears they are way overpriced.

The E-brake kits are nice to have if you need them. Of the 30 or more rear calipers I have rebuilt, none needed these kits. I'd like to see photos of what you get, Mark.

What we really need is the adjuster O-rings at a decent price. Some years back I found a source for the 33mm piston seals at a really good price; I'll have to find that source again.

DaveP
sixerdon
I bought my sixer kits from Brad Mayeur far cheaper and complete. I'll be starting my rebuild in a few weeks. He usually keeps several sets on hand. No doubt he has the 4 sets also.
Don
davep
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Mar 23 2004, 05:37 PM)
I bought my sixer kits from Brad Mayeur far cheaper and complete.

Post a picture of the kits so we can see what it is he is offering. What is the price?

DaveP
sixerdon
Sorry, no camera. We're not all high tech. The price I paid a few months ago was under $70 (with shipping) for the pair of kits. I did one six rebuild last spring and will start the other in a few weeks. Completely satisfied.
Dave P, send me your e-mail. I've tried contacting you before and it bounced.
Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.