Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: tan back pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bembry
Wanted: Tan (beige?) back pad, 72 or later (the one for the adjustable passenger seat).

Please not one that's been disassembled into 3 pieces for easier shipping as is commonly done.

Also possibly interested in other tan interior peices, like door panels, etc., based on affordability and if they're in better shape than what I already have.

Parts would ship to Bakersfield, CA 93312.

Thanks in advance!
Tom_T
QUOTE(bembry @ Jan 9 2010, 09:30 AM) *

Wanted: Tan (beige?) back pad, 72 or later (the one for the adjustable passenger seat).

Please not one that's been disassembled into 3 pieces for easier shipping as is commonly done.

Also possibly interested in other tan interior peices, like door panels, etc., based on affordability and if they're in better shape than what I already have.

Parts would ship to Bakersfield, CA 93312.

Thanks in advance!

I thought when we PM'd, that your biege interior was in good condition!!?? confused24.gif

If not, there's a guy in Michigan or something on evil-bay right now parting out 3 73-74's with tan/beige interiors who might have something. His stuff is usually photo'ed on the hood of a blue truck, when you go looking just find one of his, then his text on all says to contact him for non-listed parts. there was also another biege backrest there last week, but it may have sold already. Worth a look! type.gif

If you replace yours & the old one has some good 73 OE smooth material on it, then PM or email me as I'm looking for some fabric to have an upholstery shop stitch-in some replacement pieces on my seat bolsters & door top-bolsters (rather than replace entire panels), since mine are in otherwise VG-Excl condition. Ditto if you replace your OE carpet, as I need the driver & passenger floor pieces.

Is McMark any closer on yours yet? ... last time I looked at his website, he didn't have a resto post for it with pix.

Good Luck & Stay Warm Over There! shades.gif
Tom
with 73 2L L80E/Beige in Orange CA
///////
Tom_T
PS - Oh forgot this ...

Yes, from my research on 73 MY interior colors to get PCNA to correct my COA - Porsche did call it "Beige" #31 with loop pile carpet on the 73 Appearance Group, while the actual fabric color codes were 501 & 502 for the smooth & basketweave (don't recall which was which at the moment), with the "Tan" loop pile carpet being #504 & the "Dark Tan" (tan & brown speckled or oatmeal pattern) being #503 as in mine.

PCNA had listed #31 from their Kardex as "Black" on my 2 tries at COAs, whereas other 914 COAs show #11 as Black, which is consistent with what I found on other COAs online. Since 73 was missing from most, I had to bracket that MY with 72 & 74 for some docs, to show consistent terminology & code numbers year-to-year.

If you need it, I can email you the jpegs of the research I did & submitted to PCNA, but I'm stilll waiting to get my laptop back from Fujitsu for warranty repairs, with that on it. IRRC, I got most of it from Jeff Bowlsby's classic 914 web site in the interior colors & rare documents, etc. sub-sections, & probably a few other places to boot! Just email me in a couple of weeks to send them.

Cheers!
sixaddict
I know you said not taken apart ...mine has been ...If you get stuck let me know. Long way to ship and not positive of condition...IT is beige.
Send pm with email for pics if you decide yu have interest.
Thx
Terry
bembry
Thanks Tom and Terry for the info, and Terry--I'll definitiely keep yours in mind!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.