Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni strut color / 6 cyl bosch dist.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsurfer
I have to paint Koni Struts in the front. Does anyone know the correct color?

Additionally I need to change to a Bosch distributor. Which Bosch is the correct distributor? Is there a "better Bosch Distributor than the correct one?

Thanks

Gene
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Jan 9 2010, 11:04 AM) *

Additionally I need to change to a Bosch distributor. Which Bosch is the correct distributor? Is there a "better Bosch Distributor than the correct one?

Thanks

Gene

Koni red which is like a red orange, I bet if you called Koni they would tell you

The distributor fitted in 1971 914-6 was a 911t variety bosch 0 231 159 008
Totally discontinued by Bosch you will have to find a used one.
Mark Henry
Shameless plug I have a '69-71S and a '75S bosch dizzy for sale on pelican.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Jan 9 2010, 01:04 PM) *

Check out this thread...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=89208
smontanaro
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 9 2010, 12:48 PM) *

Shameless plug I have a '69-71S and a '75S bosch dizzy for sale on pelican.

If I remember correctly from other stuff I've read the early S distributors have the wrong advance curve for the stock T engine in a 914/6.

Skip
70Sixter
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jan 9 2010, 03:48 PM) *

If I remember correctly from other stuff I've read the early S distributors have the wrong advance curve for the stock T engine in a 914/6.

I think you are correct. I have an S distributor for a planned upgrade now stalled. Got conflicting "expert" advice regarding too much advance.

Bruce Anderson's book doesn't mention the issue. sad.gif

One day I'm gonna try the Bosch and have it re-curved if need be.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(70Sixter @ Jan 9 2010, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jan 9 2010, 03:48 PM) *

I think you are correct. I have an S distributor for a planned upgrade now stalled. Got conflicting "expert" advice regarding too much advance.

Bruce Anderson's book doesn't mention the issue. sad.gif

One day I'm gonna try the Bosch and have it re-curved if need be.

My buddy is running one one his '71 2.2 with no issue's and is happy with it.
I know it's really for MFI.
GeorgeRud
BTW, the 1975 dizzy won't fit a 2.0 liter -6 engine. I'd try to find an used early T distributor, or recurve the S one. I imagine that if it's not pinging when revving up, it probably wouldn't harm anything to use the S one.

I've heard that Porsche sometimes purposely cut back on the performance potential on the early T engine so they could market the increased performance of the E and S at increased profit. Poppa Ferdinand didn't raise no fools!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.