Full Version: Build Thread: 914 Limousine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
McMark
Pull the transmission out of the parts... uh... car. unsure.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 5 2010, 06:16 PM) *
IPB Image

If anyone wants to build a 914 trailer, this is your chance! Otherwise this rear end will be cut into pieces ...
orange914
andy, if i can talk kenny and my other son into a build... still a basic roller? what kinda $ do you want?

mike
Andyrew
Mike,

Im planning on doing a trailer build, however probably wont get to it for a while... I'd be more than happy to help and have some idea's myself to making it work the best. Besides this looks like a way better chassis than what I have in my backyard...
orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 5 2010, 10:50 PM) *

Mike,

Im planning on doing a trailer build, however probably wont get to it for a while... I'd be more than happy to help and have some idea's myself to making it work the best. Besides this looks like a way better chassis than what I have in my backyard...

hey, i was just about to search you. how about it, got a spot in the back with it's name on it!
orange914
p.s., melodie cringed biggrin.gif ... this could to be fun piratenanner.gif
tod914
Andy's 1/2 off sale.
Andyrew
QUOTE(orange914 @ Dec 5 2010, 10:59 PM) *

p.s., melodie cringed biggrin.gif ... this could to be fun piratenanner.gif

Signs of the start of a fun project! Im in!
nathansnathan
I think I didn't see this pic in any of the 28 pages of this thread.
I couldn't find too much info on this or any other pics, but it is indeed a 914 limo, looks like adriatic blue. For your inspiration smile.gif :
IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Dec 6 2010, 11:40 AM) *
but it is indeed a 914 limo

Nope.

You didn't see this pic in this thread here because that image is a photoshop mockup i did about 6 years ago ...
shades.gif
Andyrew
That picture was the inspiration to this car, what started the joke that turned into a physical object.

Correct Andy?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 6 2010, 12:24 PM) *

That picture was the inspiration to this car, what started the joke that turned into a physical object.

Correct Andy?

Pretty much ... I'm sure those old threads are still on here somewhere. I know i still have the original photoshop files of that blue "Limo". I remember i did a few different ones playing with the roof-line and sail panels etc. ...

That's the power of the Interwebs for you!
Hey, i found this picture online, so it must be real! laugh.gif
SirAndy
Found the thread!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=2991

Looks like Mark S. did the initial image and then i played with several different versions of the center roof section ...

June 2003 unsure.gif
r_towle
you move fast...
nathansnathan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 6 2010, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 6 2010, 12:24 PM) *

Correct Andy?

Pretty much ... I'm sure those old threads are still on here somewhere. I know i still have the original photoshop files of that blue "Limo". I remember i did a few different ones playing with the roof-line and sail panels etc. ...

That's the power of the Interwebs for you!
Hey, i found this picture online, so it must be real! laugh.gif

That is really funny. biggrin.gif I got it from this page

http://my.net-link.net/~dcline/limonov1.htm

-he totally fell for it, as did I and so did Karl Ellzy apparently
Most of these limousines have been built or created by individuals,
some however may have been converted by known coachbuilders.
(If you have any additioanl information please let me know.)

SirAndy
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Dec 6 2010, 12:55 PM) *

That is really funny. biggrin.gif I got it from this page

http://my.net-link.net/~dcline/limonov1.htm

-he totally fell for it, as did I and so did Karl Ellzy apparently
Most of these limousines have been built or created by individuals,
some however may have been converted by known coachbuilders.
(If you have any additioanl information please let me know.)

I've seen that page. In fact, i sent the guy an email a couple of months ago with links to the threads here.

He responded and said he would correct his web page. Looks like he hasn't had time to update it yet ...

biggrin.gif
SirAndy
Wow, it's been over a month since we last worked on the Limo ... sad.gif

Well, here are the (crappy cell phone) pictures from today.
The front of the Limo had a large cutout in the trunk floor either for a oil cooler shroud or AC condenser. In any case, the hole had to go. I cut a replacement panel from the parts car, cleaned it up and welded it in.

sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

The hole:
Click to view attachment

The patch panel:
Click to view attachment

Rough cut of the panel:
Click to view attachment

Trimmed:
Click to view attachment

Welded and primered:
Click to view attachment

I still have to do a second pass on the welding to close the pinholes and grind the welds a little bit nicer. But that's for another day.

drunk.gif
McMark
I finished the design work for our custom oil tank as well. Gotta send it out for laser/waterjet cutting, then weld it all together. B)
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 16 2011, 09:56 PM) *

I finished the design work for our custom oil tank as well. Gotta send it out for laser/waterjet cutting, then weld it all together. B)

first.gif
Krieger
What do you think about using seam sealer to fill the pinholes?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 17 2011, 09:00 AM) *
What do you think about using seam sealer to fill the pinholes?

I don't like it ... I'd rather go over it a second time and weld them up ... welder.gif
McMark
agree.gif It's a really small time investment to do it right. The seam sealer isn't water proof forever and would only last a year or two of regular driving before you're doing it again and wasting MORE time than it would have taken to do it right.
trojanhorsepower
Has anybody heard for Karl lately?

-Peter
EdwardBlume
Nice work Andy and Mark... I can only imagine what might be in store for the front trunk of the 914 limo shades.gif

Jenny
This is awesome guys!! But, am I the only one imagining Herbie the love bug when thinking of welding two cars together? I'm picturing the front of the car turning while the back half continues on straight, or the back half surpassing the front half in a race. tongue.gif
messix
Jenny!!!!! piratenanner.gif bye1.gif
Jenny
Hi there! bye1.gif I'm here for the week, until school starts again on the 26th. Mostly lurking though. Lots of new names I don't recognize.

Oh sweet! You guys kept my smiley! whip[1].gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
What are you guys thinking??? A limo with no air conditioning?????
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 18 2011, 06:43 AM) *
What are you guys thinking??? A limo with no air conditioning?????

It has TWO removable targa tops! That ought to be enough.

We need the space for other things ... shades.gif
IronHillRestorations
It's got 6-80 AC! Two tops, four windows, and 80 MPH.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jan 18 2011, 12:49 AM) *

Hi there! bye1.gif I'm here for the week, until school starts again on the 26th. Mostly lurking though. Lots of new names I don't recognize.

Oh sweet! You guys kept my smiley! whip[1].gif

Jenny! Jenny! Jenny! aktion035.gif assimilate.gif Start a new thread and up date us!

Oh, and if they let you drive the limo you have to promise to watch those hard high speed corners. shades.gif
markb
Hi Jenny!
Sleepin
IPB Image

tscrihfield
QUOTE(kwales @ Nov 14 2010, 12:52 PM) *

Piffle,

White Porsche limos are sooooooooo common.....

(no, it's not a photoshop, it resides about 40 miles up the road from me)

You need another color....

Now a gulf blue and orange limo....... idea.gif

I love seeing this car... My old boss built this car at Diewerkstat (The workshop) in Dayton Ohio... Owned by John Dixon "Tajmagaraj" Bob Bennett also built the "Kruzer" Sedan Delivery you can barely see next to it. Sir Andy if you are ever in Dayton Check out the Taj! You'll love the fab work done there! Great job on the car so far. Cant wait to see it done! WAY COOL!
Ferg
shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 18 2011, 01:54 PM) *

shades.gif

yellowsleep[1].gif
Chris Pincetich
What's up for this weekend? Indoor limo projects? At the shop at all?
beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Mar 18 2011, 04:31 PM) *
What's up for this weekend? Indoor limo projects? At the shop at all?
beerchug.gif

I flaked last weekend ... Maybe i can get up before noon this time ... drunk.gif
Sleepin
We are dying for some photo updates here! WTF.gif
maddog
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
majkos
popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif
waiting.........
ConeDodger
I saw it Sunday. All snuggled up next to McMark's Cellette Bench. I donated the factory carpet from my car and the door panels. My carpet will clean up nicely with a power wash shampoo... Let's keep the donations coming! This thing will be SWEET when it is done!
McMark
No work on the chassis in awhile. Both Andy and I have been super busy. BUUUUUT, I have a significant 'part' on the way to me. Some assembly required, but it's going to get us much closer to driving... ph34r.gif
Mike Bellis
We need an update! beerchug.gif
moparrob
Will it be ready for prom season?
euro911
I just got around to seeing this thread the other day. Cool to see one actually getting built!

I photo-shopped my wife's '71 a few years ago just to get an idea of what one would look like ...

Click to view attachment
moparrob
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 2 2011, 09:30 AM) *

I just got around to seeing this thread the other day. Cool to see one actually getting built!

I photo-shopped my wife's '71 a few years ago just to get an idea of what one would look like ...

OH that is sweet! All it needs is some jackstands and it would look absolutely believable...
wingnut86
...I'm in a givving mood.

"Fasthonda" would have a heart-attack if he saw my post.
smile.gif

What else do you guys need?

keep it smallish please. huh.gif

Wingnut86

SirAndy
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Jun 10 2011, 10:23 AM) *
What else do you guys need?

Good question ... We haven't updated the "need" list in months.

Last time i was up there McMark was working on the custom oil-tank. aktion035.gif

Too bad real life has gotten in the way for most of this year. I should be back in Limo working mode after the WCR. It looks like things here at work are calming down a bit.
cheer.gif
JRust
OOH! I actually got to see this last weekend. Pretty impressive to see you had a car cover that fit it av-943.gif . What a cool project. Like most projects it gets to sit alot of the time. At least it isn't on jackstands blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.