Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Build Thread: 914 Limousine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
scotty b
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 30 2013, 12:21 PM) *

I'm in. Why wait until October? cheer.gif

Well for one thing, some of us have to plan ahead, set money aside, finish out probation, get our shots etc.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 30 2013, 12:35 PM) *

Well for one thing, some of us have to plan ahead, set money aside, finish out probation, get our shots etc.

You'll need a passport too Scotty... dry.gif
Elliot Cannon
I can bring passable welding skills (questionable) and lots of encouragement and help. I can also have lunch at The Girl and the Fig. chowtime.gif laugh.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 30 2013, 12:43 PM) *

huh.gif unsure.gif mellow.gif

Will I need to bring my translator too ?
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 30 2013, 11:22 AM) *

Everyone that visits your shop and bugs you while you are trying to work should be required to weld 6 inches of the seam.

You wouldn't say that if you've ever seen me weld....

...Waitaminnit.... I've never welded....

--DD
montoya 73 2.0
I could be in for a day of helping. not a welder but I can grind on metal, pop the top off of beers, grill food, go for parts...

Do you want that set of Koenig's for the build? You just have to have them re-done.
Andyrew
I can do October smile.gif

Just not the first. (Wifes bday)

I can bring a mig with me as well and you'll be hard pressed to find something I cant weld.. Damn good grinder too smile.gif
JimN73
I'm with Drew. And I can usually take stuff apart.
Elliot Cannon
Pick a date Mark. We (those of us who can) will be there. biggrin.gif
McMark
Sounds like we've got the beginnings of something. Looks like I need to spend some time getting a work plan together and looking at the calendar to pick a date. idea.gif

This could work... boldblue.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 30 2013, 10:33 AM) *
I wonder if we have members with airline miles or hotel discounts that could make it easy for our Welding Crew to get here. idea.gif

Don't have either but i would certainly put up a chunk of cash towards a "Fly me to Sonoma" fund ...
idea.gif
AfricanHijinx
this is awesome
ConeDodger
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 30 2013, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 30 2013, 12:43 PM) *

huh.gif unsure.gif mellow.gif

Will I need to bring my translator too ?

You might. I was born in Virginia and it took me years to understand Californian. It helps if you're drunk though... beer3.gif
JStroud
Well..........it's October?

Jeff
McMark

And my bathroom still isn't done. I hear ya. wink.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 8 2013, 08:00 AM) *

And my bathroom still isn't done. I hear ya. wink.gif

Oops....didn't realize the bedroom-bathroom conversion project needed to be done before the limo party could happen...guess we better stop going on vacations and me taking off to work on my shop...and get R done so thing can move on. lol-2.gif

Be there tomorrow!

Jeff
7TPorsh
How about posting the most recent picture of the beast?
SirAndy
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 8 2013, 08:33 AM) *

How about posting the most recent picture of the beast?

unsure.gif _________________________________________________________________666___________

Click to view attachment
McMark
Not much has changed from that last picture (post #452)

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 8 2013, 01:45 PM) *
Not much has changed from that last picture (post #452)

Do you have time next weekend? I wouldn't mind putting in some hours ...
smash.gif welder.gif
rick 918-S
ScottyB and I were talking back and forth about coming out but I fell off the pace. confused24.gif Life has it's ways of distracting us. dry.gif
McMark
Yeah, that could work on Sunday. The next weekend will be the trans clinic Sat/Sun and so both those days could be work days as well. wink.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 8 2013, 05:40 PM) *

ScottyB and I were talking back and forth about coming out but I fell off the pace. confused24.gif Life has it's ways of distracting us. dry.gif

Maybe the limo could travel?

idea.gif
JRust
If I can make it down for the tranny clinic. I'd be up for working on the limo! I'll just be coming to watch & BS. So I could at least help stand in it to see if it buckles blink.gif
biosurfer1
Jamie...you driving? I'm planning on going over Saturday and could meet you in Sacramento and caravan over.
timothy_nd28
Forgive me, but I really don't feel like reading 34 pages. What engine did you guys decide on?
JRust
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Oct 8 2013, 02:57 PM) *

Jamie...you driving? I'm planning on going over Saturday and could meet you in Sacramento and caravan over.

Yeah I will drive down my new ride. Although I have a set of wheels to bring too. May be a bit of a squeeze but shouldn't be to bad. Guess it depends if anyone buys anything else that I need to bring confused24.gif

Anybody got a spare bed. Happy to split a room saturday night with someone. Is there a planned hotel?
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 8 2013, 03:21 PM) *
Anybody got a spare bed. Happy to split a room saturday night with someone. Is there a planned hotel?

I have a guest bedroom but i'm 45 minutes away.
dry.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 8 2013, 02:48 PM) *

If I can make it down for the tranny clinic. I'd be up for working on the limo! I'll just be coming to watch & BS. So I could at least help stand in it to see if it buckles blink.gif

agree.gif

I'm down for a little welding... smile.gif Do I still have beer in the fridge?
JStroud
Now that sounds like progress, next Sunday and the tranny clinic weekend piratenanner.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

I'll be there both days of the tranny clinic, only one tranny to build, I'd be happy to put some time on the Limo.......if there's anything I can do.

Don't worry Mike....I'll bring some beer, Mark probably drank yours. beer3.gif

Jeff
sixnotfour
welder.gif
ConeDodger
The engine is going to be a 2.7 six...

If it does work out that all of the out-of-town talent comes in, I'd suggest checking Craigslist in the vacation rentals section. You may be able to get a house you all can share. Local hotels are $200+ / nicht. Unless you go 30 minutes away to American Canyon. Then it is still over $140+ / nicht...

Jeff, Brett (Biosurfer) lives in Sacramento and sounds like he is coming down...

McMark
There are 2 Newcastle Brown and about 18 BlueMoon.

Extra points for people who bring amazing craft beers for me. happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 8 2013, 08:38 PM) *
Extra points for people who bring amazing craft beers for me. happy11.gif

No more German beer in my fridge but i can bring you some Kümmerling!

https://www.google.com/search?q=k%C3%BCmmer...ms&tbm=isch

drunk.gif
McMark
That's worth 6.5 points. wink.gif
JStroud
I've got a mig welder, full bottle, I could bring if needed.
Also have a couple of roasts in the freezer if you want to do roast beef sandwiches chowtime.gif fire up the BBQ.....is Jim coming.

Jeff
JStroud
For Hotels, you could try Fairfield, not that far might be cheaper?
What about Napa, should be something reasonable ?

Jeff
McMark
The BBQ is always ready to go. wink.gif
Dr Evil
Ya, where am I staying over the work weekend?
JStroud
Saw Motel 6 right off 80 in Cordelia for $56, there's also a comfort inn and a best western there for $65, and $75. Only about 20 min drive to Sonoma from there.

I have some homemade apricot and plum wine I can bring also if anyones interested.
Might as well make a party of it. beer3.gif

Jeff
Dr Evil
I may just sleep/pass out at the garage wink.gif
McMark
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 9 2013, 11:07 AM) *

I may just sleep/pass out at the garage wink.gif

$500/night. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
That better come with a handy, you bastard.
timothy_nd28
Or a couple latex gloves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQfD92sb-qU

JimN73
Autocross on Saturday, Jeff. I think I can come up on Sunday. I'm pretty good at taking stuff apart, putting it back together - maybe.

There's a good craft brewery in town, I'll stop and get some crafty beer.

Jim

QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 8 2013, 09:14 PM) *

I've got a mig welder, full bottle, I could bring if needed.
Also have a couple of roasts in the freezer if you want to do roast beef sandwiches chowtime.gif fire up the BBQ.....is Jim coming.

Jeff

skeates
Anyone know of some good camping options near the shop? I'll be bringing my hotel with me ('78 westy)!

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 8 2013, 08:01 PM) *

anyone from Sacramento going ?? I have a front crosmember and a arms to be picked up ??? gas money

I'll be heading down from East Sac. Send me a PM and we can coordinate.

Edit: I'll be down on the weekend for the tranny clinic
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(skeates @ Oct 9 2013, 03:15 PM) *

Anyone know of some good camping options near the shop? I'll be bringing my hotel with me ('78 westy)!

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 8 2013, 08:01 PM) *

anyone from Sacramento going ?? I have a front crosmember and a arms to be picked up ??? gas money

I'll be heading down from East Sac. Send me a PM and we can coordinate.

Edit: I'll be down on the weekend for the tranny clinic

I'm in Petaluma/Penngrove which is 17 miles from Mark's shop. There's a very nice KOA campground right near 101 if you can't find anything closer.
Mike Bellis
So what is the official date(s) of this build party?

10-13-13?

Or during the tranny clinic?

Or both?
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 12 2013, 06:18 PM) *

So what is the official date(s) of this build party?

10-13-13?

Or during the tranny clinic?

Or both?

Yes
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 12 2013, 06:18 PM) *
10-13-13?

Cleaned 3 years worth of crap out of the car and gave it a good shop vac treatment.
Surprisingly little surface rust considering that it has been sitting outside the whole time.

She's ready for some serious work!
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.