Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Weltmeister short shift kit for sideshifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bobhasissues
Pulled this out of the garage for someone looking for one last week, but apparently the guy found another locally.
Weltmeister short shift kit for side shifter
Sorry, photos are dark
$50 plus shipping
or trade for 3.0 six!
PM replies
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
orange914
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ Jan 10 2010, 11:40 AM) *

Pulled this out of the garage for someone looking for one last week, but apparently the guy found another locally.
Weltmeister short shift kit for side shifter
Sorry, photos are dark
$50 plus shipping
or trade for 3.0 six!
PM replies
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

bob, i'm interested, is there anything else needed to use? i have a fairly tight side shift but will this exagerate the normal 1st-2nd shift issues?

mike
bobhasissues
[/quote]
bob, i'm interested, is there anything else needed to use? i have a fairly tight side shift but will this exagerate the normal 1st-2nd shift issues?

mike
[/quote]
All this needs is the three bolts that fit through the shifter base and spacer plate into the tunnel. The stock bolts are a bit too short.
I don't know what you mean by the normal 1st-2nd issues, but when this was on my car it shifted about the same as with the stock shifter except the throw is shorter. I have heard the kit for the tailshifters did improve shifting, but would not count on any improvement on a sideshifter I took it out because I wanted a center console which wont fit over/around the short shift spacer plate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.