Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sealing Washers for Gas Tank Nipples?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
I need to find the gas tank sealing washers for the nipples, Anybody know where to get them?? NlA at the porsche sites, Packs of 100 at industrial sites and not quite the right size.. What Where for M8 x 16mm and M10x16mm. Thanks!!
underthetire
I got mine from AA, cause the bird didn't have the screen. Mine is 10X16, but I can't guarantee its correct yet. I'm wondering if a drain plug washer from a regular auto parts store might work.
detoxcowboy
I measured it and the fiber at the hardware store don't seem right, I have the screen but thought there was a seal too? other side definatley need one..
underthetire
It's a copper washer. I'd think an auto parts store would have something.I bought a pack of assorted drain plug seals for my jeep a while back, its copper as well. I would think you could re-use it if its just the copper piece. Just sand it flat on something to take any raised edges off. If there is another seal i couldn't tell you. Mine is in my to do box still.
Eric_Shea
www.bel-metric.com
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 10 2010, 09:31 PM) *

www.bel-metric.com

piratenanner.gif cheer.gif Eric!! YOur the Man, Do you kinow how many hours I spent looking for NORMA and GEMI? That site is perfect!!

You will be getting my brake calipers in feb. mid to late.. Other Project(S) raised its head on me.. but am waitng on some brake lines from Germany anyways.
mtndawg
I'm taking my tank out this week. Good topic! Are they solid or hollow copper?
type47
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jan 10 2010, 09:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 10 2010, 09:31 PM) *

www.bel-metric.com

piratenanner.gif cheer.gif Eric!! YOur the Man, Do you kinow how many hours I spent looking for NORMA and GEMI? That site is perfect!!

You will be getting my brake calipers in feb. mid to late.. Other Project(S) raised its head on me.. but am waitng on some brake lines from Germany anyways.

They got step studs for the exhaust!
IronHillRestorations
I found an exact duplicate at my local Ace Hardware. I don't even remember what it was for, but it was the perfect copper washer!
McMark
Originally there are fiber washers on both nipples, in addition to the screen on the outlet side.
tod914
Busdepot and few other places still have a fiber type. But only in one size. You can get it to fit ok, but you need to make sure it don't slip while your tightening it down. Think they are like 50 cents or a buck. If you want to try one cowboy, I'll mail you out one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.