Full Version: Ceramic Coated Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
Way too cooL!!

Jeff
Jeffs9146
darker one!
jonwatts
Interesting, they don't shine like other ceramic coated pieces I've seen. Who did the work?

PS - if it works who cares what it looks like
Jeffs9146
I chose the higher heat coating and decided to go flat because it will last longer!

If they were new HE's I would have gone gloss!

Jeff
anthony
Does the coating prevent them from rusting? How long should the coating last?
Jeffs9146
Does the coating prevent them from rusting?

Yes! They are dipped and cleaned then coated inside and out. No more rust worries for quite a while.

How long should the coating last?

That depends on how hard you use it! With the amount of driving I will be doing, they will last a life time! I don't know, I just wanted them to look better and last longer!

Jeff
415PB
They look great Jeff. I was thinking of picking up the Ceramic coating kit from Columbia Coatings to do my own stuff.

http://www.columbiacoatings.com/800fsgfdsg...6765ytrh567.htm
Rgreen914
I had an NOS set (1.7) of HE's done in the grey, though it appears to be a bit lighter. I then sent the Bursch exhaust and the rest of the heater ducting out to be coated; the heater stuff will be powder coated in a color close to that of the HE's.

I have had a set of JBA headers on my big block Suburban for about two years and the aluminum ceramic coating appears to be almost the same as the day I first installed them. I know that you can clean/shine the aluminum coating with Mother's wheel polish but I'm not about to remove the headers off my truck just to spruce them up a little; I have done it to headers that weren't on a car, though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.