Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-bay buyer question?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blonde914
I put the black 75 914 on e-bay yesterday and got an e-mail from a guy (Shawn) who was interested in mine but needed some more information. I called him back but he purchased a car last night on ebay (attached). He wanted to know if they were alot of work, I said "not at all" just kidding. I looked it up on e-bay and it has been worked on at Otto's, a name I have become familiar with from this club.

Does anyone know this car, I invited him to come the the site and look around. Told him I would put his car on the site for you guys to pick apart. Told him if he need a place to go for information this was it.

So have at it boys!!

e-bay item #2467294441

Sherry driving-girl.gif
blonde914
Sorry about the picture, I hope it works this time
VegasRacer
For you lazy people - here is the eBay ad.

Very low price, no engine photos ...... smells like trouble to me. happy11.gif
echocanyons
front end collision? idea.gif
blonde914
Ya know, I didn't even include pictures of the engine on my listing and the bid is already at $810.00. I guess I'll have to add some pictures.

See how much all of you help me!

Sherry driving-girl.gif
theol00
I guess to some degree you get what you pay for.... wacko.gif
VegasRacer
Here is a link to Sherry's eBay ad.

Even though you admit you do not know many things about the 914 you are selling, I really appreciate your brutal honesty in the description. That should build the confidence of potential buyers to assure them that they are dealing with an honest seller.

<soapbox>
On the down side, I am disappointed to see that in the past 3 months you have received feedback from 24 buyers / sellers from completed transactions. Yet you have only left feedback for 6 of the people you dealt with. Yes, I know that 'feedback is optional' but as a frequent eBayer I think it reflects poorly on people who do not.
</soapbox>

Sincerely, good luck with the auction.
I hope you can find a nice home for the black car.
anthony

On the down side, I am disappointed to see that in the past 3 months you have received feedback from 24 buyers / sellers from completed transactions. Yet you have only left feedback for 6 of the people you dealt with. Yes, I know that 'feedback is optional' but as a frequent eBayer I think it reflects poorly on people who do not.

Vegas, what are you talking about?

I just looked at Sherry's feedback:

Feedback from buyers: 43
Feedback from sellers: 73
73+43 = 116

Feedback left for others: 113

Only three unaccounted for in 116 transactions. Her record looks pretty good to me.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(anthony @ Mar 22 2004, 07:07 PM)
Vegas, what are you talking about?

I was refering to transaction since the first of the year.
17 received from buyers + 7 from sellers = 24.
Feedback left for others = 6.
You can easily discern the recent transaction if you notice the 'live link' to the auction numbers.

I was not trying to bash anybody - just commenting on a personal pet peeve.
914werke
I was not trying to bash anybody - just commenting on a personal pet peeve.

If its personal why bring it up. finger.gif
blonde914
Good God Man, get a life! I feel totally violated! Your not even a potential buyer and you are critsizing my e-baying feedback. pissoff.gif I am terrible about leaving feedback so SUE ME! confused24.gif I will get around to it someday.

You probably even searched what I buy and sell! Just ask I'm honest I'll tell you anything you want to know.

Anyway, off my tiny soapbox.

Buy my damn car, or at least try!!! You bid first Vegasracer.
The more money I make on the car the more I take to Vegas in May. Oh, but you already knew I was going right. laugh.gif

Sherry driving-girl.gif
Levi
agree.gif
Geeezz
boxstr
Not sure why the harsh words towards vegasracer. He was giving Sherry some constructive advise and also some advise about what he as a veteran ebay buyer and seller feels is important to him and others in the ebay community.
Checking a sellers feedback, buys and sells, is all part of your "due dilligence" when you research an item that you are going to spend your hard earned cash on.
Sherry, you started the post don't be so critical if someone is there to help, even though you may not agree with what they have to offer, take it for what it is worth and move on.
CCLINOVERANDOUT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.