Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914 found today...Get the VIN logged
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Saw a 75 2.0 parked behind a business today and had a nice talk with the owner. He might post this for sale here but if anyone's interested, I'll pass on the owners email. Looks like either a total rebuild or a great parts car. Fuch's appear to be original, he said they were. Not registered since 96 and not started in a long time. Gas tank is laquer stink. The interior is full of trash so I couldn't see how the carpet looked. Seats recovered. AC and customer center console with 5 guages. Owner said he pulled up the carpet under the seat and the pan was rusted but didn't know anything about the hell hole.
championgt1
Wow! Did that used to be red?
bandjoey
It's too even all the way around to be a fade. It's more of a copper color. Door was locked so I couldn't get a color code. Ws there ever A stock champaign or copper color? My car was copper but a repaint.
Gustl
looks like L99K copper metallic to me idea.gif
SUNAB914
That doesn't even look like a faded copper, looks more like a faded burgandy.
jt914-6
Bill.....I had a '75 Copper Metallic at one time. That looks like it could be one only faded really bad...Maybe you can get the color code....My $.02......

Click to view attachment
type47
You can use my method of adding VIN's: Add the VIN to your list of cars you own (from the "914 Info" and then "Members VIN Numbers"), add a picture to your blog and copy the picture to the VIN details, add/copy & paste info about the car then ask Sir Andy to delete the VIN from your list rolleyes.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 12 2010, 05:46 AM) *

You can use my method of adding VIN's: Add the VIN to your list of cars you own (from the "914 Info" and then "Members VIN Numbers"), add a picture to your blog and copy the picture to the VIN details, add/copy & paste info about the car then ask Sir Andy to delete the VIN from your list rolleyes.gif

I added it to the VIN database. Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif

Btw. don't use blog pictures, they don't thumbnail right and the linked picture ends up being too tiny.

Just start a thread like this with pictures and use a link to one of the posted pictures.
shades.gif Andy
type47
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 12 2010, 09:45 AM) *

Btw. don't use blog pictures, they don't thumbnail right and the linked picture ends up being too tiny.
Just start a thread like this with pictures and use a link to one of the posted pictures. Andy

I add some cars from ebay and you said not to link to ebay pix as they will not work once the ad expires. Can you add an ebay pic to a thread, then copy to the VIN db? Maybe I'll just start a thread just for that purpose instead of using my blog, I didn't like the blog use anyway....
SirAndy
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 12 2010, 11:34 AM) *

I add some cars from ebay and you said not to link to ebay pix as they will not work once the ad expires. Can you add an ebay pic to a thread, then copy to the VIN db? Maybe I'll just start a thread just for that purpose instead of using my blog, I didn't like the blog use anyway....

Don't link to any off-site pictures. Ebay pictures will disappear as soon as the Ad expires. Same goes for Craigslist.

Simply start a new thread, copy the image from Ebay to your local harddrive. Upload the image to your thread here and then copy & paste that link into the VIN form.

A bit more work that way, but that's how i have been doing this all along, works great!
type.gif Andy
type47
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 12 2010, 11:57 AM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 12 2010, 11:34 AM) *

Don't link to any off-site pictures. Ebay pictures will disappear as soon as the Ad expires. Same goes for Craigslist.

Simply start a new thread, copy the image from Ebay to your local harddrive. Upload the image to your thread here and then copy & paste that link into the VIN form.

A bit more work that way, but that's how i have been doing this all along, works great!
type.gif Andy

I remember the trouble I was having, When I saved the pix to my hard drive, I didn't get a filename that I could copy into the picture entry, maybe it was a URL? which I solved by saving the pix in my blog because it had a 914world URL.
Tonyiz
WOW!!! It's certainly been out of commission legally for a while now! I came to Texas in 96. I don't recall 96 registration looking like that. It definitely isn't 2006.
bandjoey
It's a 1996 registration and yep it's been sitting. Look at how the tires are sinking into the dirt sad.gif This accounts for the paint fade, too. Probably a good parts car for someone.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 13 2010, 09:39 AM) *

It's a 1996 registration and yep it's been sitting. Look at how the tires are sinking into the dirt sad.gif This accounts for the paint fade, too. Probably a good parts car for someone.

Where is it?
bandjoey
In Hurst.
type47
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.