Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 40mm Dellorto carb Floats not available anymore?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsr-jamie
Hello, just in the middle of rebuilding my carbs, I have ordered a master rebuild kit for my twin Dellorto 40mm DRLA carbs but the floats are not sold anymore and no longer available. Does anybody know where to get some new ones?? Perhaps some old stock ones around at some shop? Anybody know of any for sale right now? Any help would be great and thanks!!

PS: I checked with CB Performance and a couple of popular internet sites and got the NLA answer from them.

Jamie
VaccaRabite
Did you try Jake? He is a fan of Dellortos, at least he used to be.

I don't know the carb very well, but can you use a weber float?
type2man
You can reuse your old floats. You don't need new ones, unless, of course, yours have holes in them which is really rare. I might be able to dig some up if you need them.
nsr-jamie
Thanks guys! I tried Jake and he referred me to another shop and am waiting to hear back. I guess I will see what the floats look like when I rebuild the carbs soon..I just wanted to have the parts ready before I start anything. Thank you too Type2man, maybe I will need to take you up on that offer if things look bad, thanks again

Jamie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.