Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 ROUTE 66 Information Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
MoveQik
What - 2010 Route 66
Where - Wickenburg, AZ
When - March 12th - 14th

Its that time of year again, spring time driving in AZ!

A few details are still being finalized but I wanted to get the date and location out so you could plan accordingly.

The host hotel will be The Best Western Rancho Grande located in the heart of Wickenburg. Rates are as follows:

One queen bed - $71.09/night
One king bed - $75.59/night
Two double bed - $77.39/night

Tell them you are with the Porsche Club(They think we're rich!)

BBQ/Meet & Greet on Friday - We will be accepting $5 donations to help the cause

Saturday's drive will include some great mountain roads as we run up to Prescott for lunch and a show and shine. We will be climbing up from about 2000 feet up over 6000 feet on our way.
Lunch will be in Prescott at The Gurley Street Grill right off of Whiskey Row. Food ranges from $8 - $13 and includes soups, salads, sandwiches, burgers and pasta.

Dinner Saturday night is Mexican at Anita's Cocina

Sunday breakfast and adios!

So far we have:

Michael Wills
John Peterson
Greg Robbins & wife( I assume)
Waide Stockhill
Joe Sharp(and Betsy I hope!)
Ell-yut
Brant
Eric & Val
Jamie Rust
Ernie(I assume)
Gint & Sharon - weather permitting
Travis Neff
Jim & Deb LaMonica
Linda Horne and her NICE914 will be there!
Sleepin's dad(assuming Eric gets off his butt and has the car ready)
SoCal Andy
Jason Luurs
Trojan Dad
buhs914
Hmm i may have a running car and some money by then!!
TravisNeff
smile.gif
brant
Now I have a deadline to get my engine finished by
SLITS
I would have thought you would have given Bryce Baghdad a consideration.
JRust
I've been wanting to make one of these. Anyone near Vegas going & have room for a passenger? I'm in Vegas the followin week for a work. I could come out early & head up for it. Worst case I could get a decent rental for the weekend. I'll have to try to pencil it in. How far is it to there from Vegas idea.gif
Gint
I want to...
SLITS
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 13 2010, 01:10 PM) *

I've been wanting to make one of these. Anyone near Vegas going & have room for a passenger? I'm in Vegas the followin week for a work. I could come out early & head up for it. Worst case I could get a decent rental for the weekend. I'll have to try to pencil it in. How far is it to there from Vegas idea.gif

5 hours .... 236 miles
SirAndy
idea.gif
Sleepin
593 miles for me...I will be there in Phoenix that weekend anyways.
rick 918-S
The Alien is in storage. The overhead door had water seep under it and freeze there is a big bank of snow infront of the door. I will be lucky to get the door open before mid April. I put the car away with a broken transaxle, so even if I could get it out it's still broke. dry.gif
JRust
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 13 2010, 03:58 PM) *

5 hours .... 236 miles

Even better I am in Vegas that week. My convention is the 10-12th. I could get there late friday. I can probably get out of my show early afternoon to drive up. Just have to pony up to rent a Porsche. Hopefully I can get a decent rate on a boxter. Otherwise it will just be in some semi sporty new car barf.gif . That is unless some kind soul from Vegas is going to go & wants company biggrin.gif . Either way I am going to come. I've only made 2 WCR's & one 914 shootout. I need to broaden my horizons idea.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 14 2010, 10:40 AM) *

I need to broaden my horizons idea.gif

Yes! And we need the PNW to represent. Never been done before at Route 66! beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 14 2010, 11:50 AM) *

Yes! And we need the PNW to represent. Never been done before at Route 66! beerchug.gif

Okay I just booked my room at the Rancho biggrin.gif . I'm going to hold of on renting a car till closer to the event. Still rather ride in a 914 but at least I will make it piratenanner.gif

I just had a great idea. I think Renegade Hybrids should seriously consider sending me in a 914 with their LS1 conversion. That way we can get a proper report from your typical 914 idiot happy11.gif
Socalandy
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I cant wait and thanks for getting it going! We know its alot of work pray.gif
Sleepin
agree.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 14 2010, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 14 2010, 10:40 AM) *

I need to broaden my horizons idea.gif

No need, they just bring soggy underwear and socks. poke.gif
JRust
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 14 2010, 04:21 PM) *

No need, they just bring soggy underwear and socks. poke.gif

Hey now we have plenty of nice sunny weather. May through September is pretty kick ass. Not to mention it is flat out green everywhere & beautiful biggrin.gif .

Hey I booked my hotel room & was only able to get it for $71.09 plus tax dry.gif What happened to the $60?
Sleepin
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 15 2010, 09:55 AM) *

$71.09 plus tax dry.gif What happened to the $60?

Foreigner Tax and Rainy Weather Endangerment Tax. beerchug.gif driving.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 15 2010, 09:34 AM) *

$71.09 plus tax dry.gif What happened to the $60?

Foreigner Tax and Rainy Weather Endangerment Tax. beerchug.gif driving.gif

Plus Wills is one of those RE Types and they only tell you their version of the truth ... kinda like used car salesmen. unsure.gif
JRust
Got my rental too! A little PT cruiser convertable. Probably a POS but it was pretty dang cheap. So I figured why not confused24.gif . I'll bum a ride in a 914 once I am there aktion035.gif
SLITS
For total success on a Route66 run, remember to order your tomatoes on the side.

And you'll love your rental Neon.
Sleepin
PT Cruiser is quite possibly the worst car I have ever driven. I had the joy of driving one back from Denver after buying a 914...never again! (Sorry Dean)

Rent a HHR, I rented one of those for a while, not too shabby.

Yes, Tomatos on the side is always the best way to order your burger on a Rt66! lol-2.gif
JRust
It's fine. How many wives will be coming? My wife is hinting she'd like to go. Not real sure she would enjoy it. She isn't the most sociable person. Still if there is going to be some other women there I may say yes confused24.gif
Sleepin
Val will be there, I am sure Toast and perhaps Kim will be there as well. Kathy shows up probably more often than she wants to.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 15 2010, 08:44 PM) *

It's fine. How many wives will be coming? My wife is hinting she'd like to go. Not real sure she would enjoy it. She isn't the most sociable person. Still if there is going to be some other women there I may say yes confused24.gif

Wish I could go. I always bring Sandy. We like to hang together.
Sleepin
Someone has to keep you in check!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 15 2010, 10:33 PM) *

Someone has to keep you in check!

Ya, like in monument national park? driving-girl.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif lol-2.gif shades.gif I'm trying to get her a 914. Has to be a certain one. She is picky.
Sleepin
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 15 2010, 11:37 PM) *

Has to be a certain one. She is picky.

IPB Image biggrin.gif
MoveQik

Not to mention it is flat out green everywhere & beautiful biggrin.gif .

If you like green, you'll LOVE Wickenburg! av-943.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 16 2010, 08:46 AM) *

I LOVE green. I'm convinced. Weather permitting, Mike and I will be there. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jan 18 2010, 05:51 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 16 2010, 08:46 AM) *

I LOVE green. I'm convinced. Weather permitting, Mike and I will be there. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif

If you go, the Zambeziteen will be the only green you will see in Wickenburg! lol-2.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jan 18 2010, 05:51 PM) *

Weather permitting, Mike and I will be there. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif

Well this makes my day! beerchug.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 18 2010, 08:21 PM) *

If you go, the Zambeziteen will be the only green you will see in Wickenburg! lol-2.gif

Unless our buddy Jim Tabor shows up, I'm sure you're right. lol-2.gif

Mikeydubbyeaux, you should bring your daughter's pink car so Mike has a sweet ride. Just strap it to the back of your yellow bombardierteener drunk.gif .
MoveQik
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jan 19 2010, 06:23 PM) *

Mikeydubbyeaux, you should bring your daughter's pink car so Mike has a sweet ride. Just strap it to the back of your yellow bombardierteener drunk.gif .

I might trailer them. It is well over an hour drive for me.
Sleepin
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jan 19 2010, 06:23 PM) *

Unless our buddy Jim Tabor shows up.......

If that happens, I am going to purchase a ton of these to coat the parking lot. I'm just sayin..... drunk.gif

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
Probably a POS

***UNDERSTATEMENT ALERT***
JRust
Well I am sure they will try to get me to upgrade when I get there. Really I don't care about what I drive there. I'm hoping to catch a ride in a 914 once I'm there. Rental is just to get me there for the most part. If anyone from Vegas is going I'd be happy to skip the POS rental biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 21 2010, 10:00 PM) *

Well I am sure they will try to get me to upgrade when I get there. Really I don't care about what I drive there. I'm hoping to catch a ride in a 914 once I'm there. Rental is just to get me there for the most part. If anyone from Vegas is going I'd be happy to skip the POS rental biggrin.gif

I have a buddy here named Waide. Rumor has it he will show up from time to time. If he is a no-show, you are welcome to jump in with me for the Saturday drive. If he does actually make it, I have to save the seat for him. wub.gif Not that there is anything wrong with that.....
rick 918-S
Is Liz's car running?
Gint
Weather can be a big factor in early March. icon_bump.gif
Tom_T
New Wickenburg PD equipment - watch out!!!!

Click to view attachment

lol-2.gif av-943.gif ar15.gif

Yeah I know - Wickie ain't that green, but some on here apparently think it is!
SharonG
Gint's sweet ride from Rt66 years past...
Click to view attachment
MoveQik
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jan 31 2010, 04:09 PM) *

Gint's sweet ride from Rt66 years past...

Dear God Sharon....THAT is funny! It is a toss up between that and the pic from Atomic with him drinking from the boot as the best Gint pic award winner! laugh.gif

Can't wait to see you guys! beerchug.gif
MoveQik
Are you guys a game time call based on weather?
Gint
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 31 2010, 08:42 PM) *
Are you guys a game time call based on weather?
Yup. I want to go, but if I have to drive through a blizzard in the truck to get there I probably won't.
MoveQik
Bump for updated hotel rates. Looks like the rate that Jamie got is as good as we are going to do.

Tell them you are with the Porsche Club...or the Porche Club as they put it. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
I added the attendees in the fist post. SO let me know if you are in so we can plan for food and make sure that we have enough rooms set aside. biggrin.gif
JRust
Here is my 914 I won't be driving for the event sad.gif

I'm also fairly close with my LE resto. There is an outside chance I will have it ready. Even if I do I doubt I'll feel good about making my engine break in be a long road trip. Plus when it's finished I am just going to sell it. With my luck if I took it on the trip I'd get wiped out by some idiot in a big truck mad.gif

My 70 914-8 will most likely still be on Jackstands for Route 66. Now for WCR it will be ready biggrin.gif . Wish I had it finished now though. It would make quite the drive so I suppose it's almost better this way dry.gif .
RJMII
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 4 2010, 01:43 PM) *

Here is my 914 I won't be driving for the event sad.gif

I'm also fairly close with my LE resto. There is an outside chance I will have it ready. Even if I do I doubt I'll feel good about making my engine break in be a long road trip. Plus when it's finished I am just going to sell it. With my luck if I took it on the trip I'd get wiped out by some idiot in a big truck mad.gif

My 70 914-8 will most likely still be on Jackstands for Route 66. Now for WCR it will be ready biggrin.gif . Wish I had it finished now though. It would make quite the drive so I suppose it's almost better this way dry.gif .

I'm pretty sure the 914-8 would be too heavy to check for baggage on your flight to Vegas, anyways. poke.gif Stick with the super uncomfy PT. (that's got to be the best selling point for an upgrade that they can stick you with lol-2.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.