Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy European 914 Prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pillay2k
I am not aware if many of you keep an eye on european 914 prices but they seen to be rising at a silly rate. Mobile.de is a european car sales site that you may/ may not be aware of but there are always many cars listed and it keeps me busy a couple of times a week.

There is currently a very nice one owner german car that may provide quite a bit of information for the originality and history buffs and a number of converted and performance 6's.

Sorry if this is old news, just wanted to share.

This link may take you to the right page (i hope it does)...
Mobile.de 914 search (fingers crossed?!)
SirAndy
This link works:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/searchre...xport=NO_EXPORT

beerchug.gif Andy
pillay2k
Thanks! ;-) / doh!
sixaddict
veddy interesting !!!!!!!!!!
SirAndy
Schweet, another '72 /6!

Mark Henry
Why do you think I changed from a big /4 to a /6?...it's an investment blink.gif

At least that's what I'm telling the wife biggrin.gif
Katmanken
So they been buying them up over here, shipping them to Europe, and flipping them back and forth to bump up the price.....

I guess the "too big to fail" banking industry or the hedge funds are dabbling in 914's ....

Gonna screw somebody by creating the "teener" bubble.....

watsonrx13
Very interesting....

Are all of the listed 914/6 originals or can a 914/4 be converted to 6 cylinder in Germany?

-- Rob
orange914
sir andy... anyone... whats the EUR to $ conversion?

thanks, mike
DBCooper
It's been bouncing around just under $1.50 to one.
beech4rd
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jan 12 2010, 08:45 PM) *

thanks, mike

Today you need $1.445 to buy Euro1.00.
And there is a somewhat rare Sportomatic 914/6 listed
Click to view attachment
luvatenor
QUOTE(beech4rd @ Jan 12 2010, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Jan 12 2010, 08:45 PM) *

thanks, mike

Today you need $1.445 to buy Euro1.00.
And there is a somewhat rare Sportomatic 914/6 listed
Click to view attachment

Is this for real?- 914's going for over $50,000, and 914-6's going for almost 100,000?- woof
scottb
so who besides me is thinking of listing their car and seeing if they can get in on this bubble before it bursts?! idea.gif
michelko
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 12 2010, 01:27 PM) *

Very interesting....

Are all of the listed 914/6 originals or can a 914/4 be converted to 6 cylinder in Germany?

-- Rob

Yes we can smile.gif

I´ve done this with mine. Porsche provides documents to make the conversion street legal.
carr914
I see smoking Crack has become a National problem among car sellers over there.

T.C.
SirAndy
QUOTE(luvatenor @ Jan 13 2010, 03:22 AM) *

Is this for real?- 914's going for over $50,000, and 914-6's going for almost 100,000?

A few things ...

- Those are asking prices. We have no way of knowing if any of those cars actually sold at that price or will sell at that price.

- Most listings seem to be dealer listings. Those are usually higher than the normal market value.

- The 914 has always been much more rare in Germany than it has been here in the US. In 35+ years of living there, right through the 70ties and 80ties, i have seen maybe ten 914 maximum, if that.

- US dollar values are useless in this argument as the US/Euro exchange rate means nothing to a European selling a car in Europe.

popcorn[1].gif Andy
Katmanken
I think it is very ironic...

The 914 was deemed NARP in Europe right down to the installation of a VW badge...

Now they are being sold as real Porsches for big money in the land of Nope, it Ain't a Real Porsche
turboman808
Those are some pretty insane prices. It's fun to look at but I don't plan on ever selling mine.

Also don't plan on getting another one.
codices
Are there there a number of German federal regulations that must be met on that side for the importation of a U.S. vehicle? Just asking, not planning to get rid of mine.

Dave
johannes
Theese prices are not for real ! ...

In France, I know a very beautiful 1973 2.0 that was sold under 16000 Euros last month and another one under 15000 this summer. 1.7 in good shape will rarely reach 12000. 914 are more difficult to find in France than in Germany.
Those cars with the crazy prices are on this website for months ...
The 914-6 are the rarest but I haven't seen one sold for 40000.
A lot of cars are comming from the US theese last month
johannes
QUOTE(codices @ Jan 13 2010, 12:28 PM) *

Are there there a number of German federal regulations that must be met on that side for the importation of a U.S. vehicle? Just asking, not planning to get rid of mine.

Dave

In France it's very easy because when the car is 30+ you have a special "oldtimer" registration with no need to make the car comply with the modern regulation.
You just have to pay for import taxes and make a technical inspection.

In Germany you will have to make changes on the car in order to obtain the "historical" registration. Car must be as close to the original german version as possible. Euro lenses and original tire size are mandatory.

Once a car has been registered in one european country, it's very easy to register it in another one.
johannes
QUOTE(michelko @ Jan 13 2010, 05:00 AM) *

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 12 2010, 01:27 PM) *

Very interesting....

-- Rob

Yes we can smile.gif

I´ve done this with mine. Porsche provides documents to make the conversion street legal.

That's the kind of things you can't do in France ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.