Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash vents
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
So my heat works, well, at least I can feel it on my feet or defrost. Does the heat ever come through the dash vents? My dash blower does not work, but I will get to that one of these days.
jt914-6
You should be getting heat through the dash vents. First off, make sure the hoses are connected to them and are not cracked. The middle dash control should be in the center postiton to all the way right. Top control all the way to the left. The top control lets in fresh air (cold air in winter). It is closed all the way left, open toward the middle and the fan should blow (three speeds) from center to right position. The one in the middle should control where the air is directed. All the way left is feet, middle is dash vents and some defrost, and all the way right is defrost. The bottom lever (red) controls the heat. I have always kept it all the way to the right for heat and to the left for summer.
underthetire
Thanks, looks like something is wrong in the dash then. Bottom (red) slider seems to control defrost on mine. Time to go after that now.
Van
Here's a question for you guys - did all 914/4s come with the electric heater blower? I'm going over my engine wiring harness, and it looks like there is a jumper in the plug instead of a wire for an electric blower.

See green jumper that goes from pin #11 to #10:

IPB Image
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Van @ Jan 12 2010, 05:56 PM) *

Here's a question for you guys - did all 914/4s come with the electric heater blower? I'm going over my engine wiring harness, and it looks like there is a jumper in the plug instead of a wire for an electric blower.

See green jumper that goes from pin #11 to #10:

IPB Image

Jumper is fine and is factory, same as on my '74 basically instead of a seperate power and ground lead for the heater fan like in the earlier version ignition harness wiring, the jumper works as the power lead as the wiring is now seperate from the ignition harness.. I know for certain as I have converted ignition harnesses both ways..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.