Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SEEKING WISDOM for donor options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
devbot
I was just wondering if anyone knew how well parts off a 1973 914 would fit on a 1970 914? Would this be a good choice to invest in as a donor car or would it be far better to find and earlier model to donate organs? thanks.
underthetire
73 would have a side shift trans, much better choice. 73 passenger seat is different, late 73 front brakes are different. Don't know what else, but you can use most parts on any year.
SirAndy
QUOTE(devbot @ Jan 12 2010, 03:13 PM) *

I was just wondering if anyone knew how well parts off a 1973 914 would fit on a 1970 914? Would this be a good choice to invest in as a donor car or would it be far better to find and earlier model to donate organs? thanks.

I'd pass and find a '70/'71 donor. Too many differences in the parts between the early and late cars.

Most of the interior is different, like the seats, backpad, dash, dash controls, steering column, gauges, glove box ...
Different top, different doors and glass, different front suspension, different hubs, different shifter, different transmission, different sheetmetal, different wiring harness ...

bye1.gif Andy
Dr Evil
Substitute "Better" for "Different" wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.