Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anything known about /6 #36?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sleepin
On ebay now for the second or third time. Just curious as to how long this one has been in hiding.

9140430035 is listed in Colorado as of 2002...funny how the next VIN ends up so close.

eBay Link

Owners Site

This is an original 1970 914-6 Porsche and has been in our family for 30 years. An appraisal of the vehicle is available. It is in great condition, but it needs a car-lover to give it more frequent attention than we can. The tire flares are steel, non-standard additions but the car is otherwise original, including the 2.0L 6 cylinder boxer engine, which makes it a collectors item. Five years ago the engine was completely rebuilt, a new clutch and new brakes were installed. There is a little rust on the undercarriage, but other than that, the car shows a good, dry heritage. We are only the third owner. Approximately 70,000 miles. For more information and pictures, please visit: http://whiteinge.googlepages.com/1970porsche1914-6

Kind of makes me wish I was in the market for a /6.

IPB Image
carr914
I've followed that car on eBay before, but it always gets pulled before the Auction is over. WTF.gif

I find it hard to believe those flares are Steel, and I've never seen those wheels on any Porsche, even though I like them. I remember seeing them on old Hot-Rods.

A friend of mine looked at this car and passed for some reason.

Calling Eric Shea to the Hot-Line Phone - Know anything about it?

T.C.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Those wheels are Vintage American Racing 200S style wheels. If I had any money I would buy that car and sell the wheels and replace those home made flares with stock body panels. If the reserve isn't too high it could be a nice project.
GeorgeRud
If those are steel flares, they have to be custom-made as these were never available in this type of width AFAIK.

They do look quite interesting, and the car doesn't look too bad, but that's way too much wheel and tire for a stock 2.0 914-6 engine!

I always like the old 70's look of those wheels (but then again I like the old Minilites, as well as the old Western wheels). I don't remember them being available in a 130mm 5 bolt pattern. Adapters?

Sleepin
The rear flares are kind of Deckman-esque..... I like em. It still seems like a little over the top though.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 12 2010, 05:08 PM) *

The rear flares are kind of Deckman-esque..... I like em. It still seems like a little over the top though.

I like that! Deckman-esque! thumb3d.gif I agree, Note on the website the current owner states there is a line in the paint where the flares are attached. Likely glas.
Dr Evil
popcorn[1].gif
campbellcj
"Otherwise original" is clearly an overstatement (flares, wheels/tires, spoilesr, mirror, radio, muffler, yada yada yada) but it looks like a pretty nice car overall.

How about the black bumpers? I don't recall that any factory -6's had black bumpers but I'm no expert - or are these just rattle canned chrome?
SirAndy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 12 2010, 10:42 PM) *

How about the black bumpers? I don't recall that any factory -6's had black bumpers but I'm no expert - or are these just rattle canned chrome?

They look like FG ...
campbellcj
It looks like they have a separate top and a tow-hook plug like factory bumpers. Just nitpicking...from a distance it still seems like a solid car that could be either restored to stock or turned into a hotrod project if so desired.
SirAndy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 13 2010, 10:22 AM) *

It looks like they have a separate top and a tow-hook plug like factory bumpers.

In that case, it looks like an early, sharp edged, bumper. Good money if in good condition and chromed ...

They never came blacked out, however the standard option on the bumpers was body color while chrome was a upsell option.
shades.gif Andy
6freak
rear view appears correct ..driver seat not so much...no valances..center cushions wrong.no rear badge or grill letters..but I like it .Just needs some TLC
carr914
I like Big Butts, I cannot deny

Click to view attachment

ArtechnikA
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 13 2010, 03:23 PM) *

the standard option on the bumpers was body color while chrome was a upsell option.

You sure about that?
I was sure that 914.6 "always" came with chrome bumpers.
"Appearance group" (chrome bumpers, sail vinyl, couple of other tidbits that escape me...) was standard on 914.6.

Wouldda been quite the PITA for the factory to keep track of body-color bumpers...

Was pretty sure I'd seen it documented that way as well.
campbellcj
Enough speculation, I hereby nominate somebody in the area to go look at the friggen car in person smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 13 2010, 06:38 PM) *

Enough speculation, I hereby nominate somebody in the area to go look at the friggen car in person smile.gif

It's just a VIN number. poke.gif
agentblr
Looks like something Awful Kanawful would drive barf.gif
dave29
I had a 1970 914-6 in 1973. Previous owner painted the bumpers black so I suspect it's a personal choice thing.
nine11speedster
any news with this car? is it sold yet?
Eric_Shea
I've never seen it. Not interested either. Looks like a full resto is in order. That said, the price is way too high already.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.