Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikester
I'm considering a 911 that is up in the Bay area. I'm going to have a PPI done at a good shop of course but before I do that I would like to get someone to look at it.

It's an '80 SC so I can't get a car fax. The car is in Redwood City, the stats for the car are as follows...

115K original miles. Very Clean daily driver.
A/C converted to R134a last September.
Power mirrors, windows. Cruise control.
Blaupunkt am/fm/cd with Boston speakers.
Exterior color is Cashmere Beige. Brown leather interior with excellent sport seats.
Sliding sun roof.
Bridgestone RE730's on 16" Fuchs alloys. Sport shocks.
Limited slip differential.
Original 3.0 liter 6 cylinder engine with pop off valve, pressure fed tensioners.
Complete transmission rebuild at 96K miles by DM Motors, Palo Alto, CA
Major service completed at 106K miles including valve adjust.
Maintained by fastidious owner and Porsche guru mechanic (DM motors, Palo Alto, CA)
Complete with all books, service records, tool kit, jack, etc...

If anyone can help me out with this I would appreciate it.

You can PM me or email me at submikester@yahoo.com

Thanks!
mikester
Uh, nevermind for now.

Wife's dad passed this evening.

This will have to wait.
ArtechnikA
sorry for your loss.
do what you have to, take care of the family.
there will be other cars.
mikester
Thanks man.
Joe Bob
Sorry to hear that....not looking forward to any of my parents/in laws passing. These goddamned spam faxes I get in the early AM keep me thinking it's "the call"....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 23 2004, 08:15 AM)
...These ... spam faxes I get in the early AM keep me thinking it's "the call"....

i use a service called 'J2" for my faxing. just incoming is free; having an outgoing service too is pretty reasonable ($15/mo). all handled via email.

no phones ring. in fact, i do not have any wired phone service to my house - Joy and i have our cellular service, the Internet comes in over the cable, the faxes come in with the email - to what appears to be a local (215) number... works for me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.