Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery tray + support
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turbo2
Hi,

Does anyone have the dimenstions of the battery tray + support as to cost concious to buy a kit and believe this should be easy to knock together.

Thanks in adv
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(turbo2 @ Jan 13 2010, 10:43 AM) *

Hi,

Does anyone have the dimenstions of the battery tray + support as to cost concious to buy a kit and believe this should be easy to knock together.

Thanks in adv

don't waste your time! They are particularly stamped and very unique looking as opposed to something you would fabricate. With all of the labor involved in installing it, you will devalue your 914 and waste your money in the long run. The repro tray and supports are very inexpensive.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 13 2010, 10:17 AM) *
don't waste your time! They are particularly stamped and very unique looking as opposed to something you would fabricate. With all of the labor involved in installing it, you will devalue your 914 and waste your money in the long run. The repro tray and supports are very inexpensive.

agree.gif

Replacements are cheap enough and not a single 'home made' tray i have ever seen looked anything but like a total hack ...

welder.gif Andy
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 13 2010, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 13 2010, 10:17 AM) *

agree.gif

Replacements are cheap enough and not a single 'home made' tray i have ever seen looked anything but like a total hack ...

welder.gif Andy

AND we happened to buy the company that made the best repros money can buy!!!!
SLITS
And I mounted mine (Optima) in the trunk on a homemade mount. KMA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.