Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - Front Bumper Top Strip, Rubber, Cap...**SOLD**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tomeric914
SOLD SOLD SOLD - THANKS 914WORLD!

I've got a front bumper top rubber that looks to be in pretty good shape, part number 914 503 023 10. Has all 5 studs with full threads. There are no gouges in it and it fit perfect on my '74. Right in the center appears to be 2 small bumps. I'm switching to fiberglass so this really isn't needed anymore by me. If you're interested, PM me and I can send some more pics.

I know these are NLA and someone is making some nice repros for $300 so its tough to gauge what a reasonable price would be, so I'll put it out here for you all to decide.

EDIT: Thanks to all for your feedback. Let's say $175 OBO. Buyer pays shipping.

I can't tell what the 2 small bumps just off center are, but if that's a typical spot where internal rust starts, that's probably what they are.

I'm located smack dab in the middle of NY state for those available for local pick-up. Shipping is possible as well.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
KaptKaos
Nice part.

Rules say you have to fix a price. This isn't ebay.

Good luck!
Tom_T
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jan 13 2010, 07:44 PM) *

Nice part.

Rules say you have to fix a price. This isn't ebay.

Good luck!

Kap'n I think he's asking us for input so he can list a price.

I'm impressed that he actually cleaned it up to do the pix.......of course his wife or GF/SO, etc. would've killed him if he put that part dirty on their nice beige carpet! lol-2.gif

idea.gif I've been seeing these in lesser condition go in the $100 - $200 range - assuming that those "bumps" to which you referred aren't the typical internal rust that causes these OEM ones to dimple.

Maybe pick a number in there & add OBO?? confused24.gif

Anyone else have a thought on price for him? confused24.gif

Good Luck! popcorn[1].gif
bdstone914
I find $100 is what they go for in CA where we have a lot of 914's
With 914 rubber making new one in the $300 range it is hard to get $300 for a used one. Nice part though. It is worth what ever some one will pay for it. The original are NLA.
Bruce
Mikey914
This is a nice looking piece from what you can see. I will be forced to raise the price on the fronts when I order in my next bacth of rubber. The "new" ones will be $350.

-For what it's worth
tomeric914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 13 2010, 11:02 PM) *

I'm impressed that he actually cleaned it up to do the pix.......of course his wife or GF/SO, etc. would've killed him if he put that part dirty on their nice beige carpet! lol-2.gif

Thanks Tom, that's exactly why I asked.

It really doesn't phase my wife when I bring car parts into the house. She knows I wouldn't bring it inside unless it was perfectly clean. Leave no trace! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Jan 14 2010, 05:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 13 2010, 11:02 PM) *

Thanks Tom, that's exactly why I asked.

It really doesn't phase my wife when I bring car parts into the house. She knows I wouldn't bring it inside unless it was perfectly clean. Leave no trace! biggrin.gif

agree.gif .... yuppers! she's got you trained well! Heck, mine won't even let me bring in the "dirty boxes" from UPS etc.! dry.gif
... after awhile you just give in to keep the peace! biggrin.gif

Good Luck, sounds like you've got enough feedback to take a stab & post a price here, plus you could also always do an evil-bay auction with a high reserve to test the pricing now in today's economy, then just pull it there if it sells here first. I don't know if eBay frowns upon or even allows that!? confused24.gif

Good Luck! popcorn[1].gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 14 2010, 03:52 PM) *

Good Luck, sounds like you've got enough feedback to take a stab & post a price here...

Thanks Tom. Seriously folks, make me an offer. I'd rather not eBay it.

Alternatively, does someone have a painted steel bumper in decent condition that they want to sell? I'll put the strip to use for myself!
rmital
PM sent
tomeric914
QUOTE(rmital @ Jan 15 2010, 08:39 AM) *

PM sent

PM replied.

**PENDING SALE**
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.