Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS H/E Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
are the 1.7 SS Heat exchangers exhaust pipes the same diameter as the 2.0? only difference the muffler bolt up?

I have a chance for a good set of 1.7s, but the main reason I am even looking is to have the bigger(better) exhaust pipes for better flow than the standard 1.7/1.8 H/Es(non-stainless)
smg914
The 2 Liter SS Heat Exchangers do have a larger diameter which may result in better performance. However, if you want to install 2 Liter Heat Exchangers on a 1.7 Liter engine, you can no longer use your current muffler hanger and exhaust. You must install the muffler hanger for a 2 Liter engine and you must use a muffler/exhaust for a 2 Liter engine.

Steve
Dave_Darling
Stock 1.7 < stock 2.0 < (all SSIs).

All of the SSIs, to my knowledge, have the same diameter pipes. The only difference is where the muffler bolts up. All of them are larger ID than the stock 2.0 exchangers, which are in turn larger than the stock 1.7 exchangers.

--DD
tat2dphreak
Sweet, that is EXACTLY what I was hoping!

I thought I had heard that before, but I wanted to be sure!

thanks Dave! (again!) pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.