Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Its Alive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcaschera
So I got Frankenteen running but...
1: im not sure how structurally sound it is. And...

2:can i use the corner glass as a template to weld the windshield back in place?

here is a pic of it and i have the glass and the frame

Click to view attachment
detoxcowboy
smilie_pokal.gif Congradulations!!
messix
ski goggles and go!!!!! driving.gif
736conver
That is one badass rake on that windshield
plymouth37
Spray it flat black, put on an old skool leather helmet and some WW1 aviation goggles and go have fun.
plymouth37
QUOTE(bcaschera @ Jan 14 2010, 01:41 PM) *

2:can i use the corner glass as a template to weld the windshield back in place?

When I raked my windshield I made a template to get things correct and even on both sides, I am sure you could use the wing windows to do the same.
I would also temporarily mock up the rubber between the window and frame to make sure things meet up correctly before you weld anything in place.
I also have some step by step pics on how I re-attached my windshield frame in the middle of page 6 and the bottom of page 7 of my build thread (link in my sig).
Click to view attachment
bcaschera
Spray it flat black, put on an old skool leather helmet and some WW1 aviation goggles and go have fun.

agree.gif
Absolutley! Thats how im getting it to my buddys shop to weld. Satin black is a must.

When I raked my windshield I made a template to get things correct and even on both sides,

That is actually where i got the idea in the first place. And plan on using your interior cage as a guidline for mine as they are both somewhat vertically challenged. Is there any thing you would do differently if you were to build the cage again??

I am sure you could use the wing windows to do the same.
I would also temporarily mock up the rubber between the window and frame to make sure things meet up correctly before you weld anything in place.
I also have some step by step pics on how I re-attached my windshield frame in the middle of page 6 and the bottom of page 7 of my build thread

Thanks for the tip. The Ankle Biter is truley a work of art cheer.gif i cant wait to see it finished. Any input as to structural strength w/o targa and the most simple fix? ( i usually wouldnt ask that question to an engineer but you have deffinatly made it abundantly clear that you are not just a "looked good on paper" type of guy).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.