Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 94mm cylinder base gaskets? Where?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
1974 2.0 mahle euro spec pistons.. DOes anybody know where to get base gaskets for these? Recomendations ect??
McMark
Every gasket set. If you can't find any let me know. I'll put some in the mail for you. But you only need them for adjusting deck height. For sealing, just use some Permatex or Curil T.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 14 2010, 03:49 PM) *

Every gasket set. If you can't find any let me know. I'll put some in the mail for you. But you only need them for adjusting deck height. For sealing, just use some Permatex or Curil T.

Thanks Mc Mark, I will do when I get there. I was trying to avoid buying the entire engine gasket set as I already have did that been there recently..
kconway
Looks like McMark has you taken care of. Here is a supplier for others who might be looking: http://www.cevw.com/index.php?products.html

Kev
Mark Henry
If your doing a stroker no more than 3 shims in the stack.
I get my custom shims from RIMCO.

BTW you did do the CR math right? or are you guessing at the deck height? aircooled.net has a good CR calculator.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 14 2010, 07:12 PM) *

If your doing a stroker no more than 3 shims in the stack.
I get my custom shims from RIMCO.

BTW you did do the CR math right? or are you guessing at the deck height? aircooled.net has a good CR calculator.

Not guessing, just preparing for what and where I can get what I need. I am just a little wiser now after taking the car apart for a project only to find out I need somehting and do not know where to look or even worse end up waiting 2 weeks for something or getting the wrong part slow. I am doing a quadruple trifecta all projects at once and just need to be ready. I like aircooled.net di not know they had a calculator.. mayuer has a good one too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.