Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outta CA and in Nevada......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
For those that care....along with my 914/6, I have an 83 SC cab, backdated to 73 RS body work, roll cage, with a 93 3.6 engine glass panels with about a 600 lb weight loss over stock.

Due to my fun divorce, my wife and kids living in MY house, a temporary court order to stay away, and lack of funds to rent something to fit my lifestyle and the fact that I HATE Kalifornia......I moved to Nevada where my dollar goes farther. Gas is also 20% cheaper and there is 100 octane at the pump.

PLUS

NO SMOG regs!!!!!!!

My question.......Do PMO/Weber clones wake up a 3.6? BTW, I have the famous No Bad Days performance chip....just like Jack Olson.....or should I go with an aftermarket FI or just stay with what I gots...the stock Porsche injection?

The dyno says I have about 290hp at the crank....YES, more HP is what I want. I'm gonna lose the cat....I have 993 heat exchangers as well as a single alternator belt conversion and underdrive pulleys. I have no heat issues.....

What suggestion are out there? And NO, I'm not gonna rebuild or pull the motor.....just top end mods. It breathes fine with the dual 2 inch into a single 3 inch pipe off the HEs.

SERIOUS suggestions....PLEASE..... shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Jan 14 2010, 10:20 PM) *

The dyno says I have about 290hp at the crank....YES, more HP is what I want. I'm gonna lose the cat....I have 993 heat exchangers as well as a single alternator belt conversion and underdrive pulleys.

We get ~340HP at the flywheel out of a 3.6L with stock bottom-end internals, aftermarket FI and headers ...

So yes, there's some wiggle room.
shades.gif Andy
Joe Bob
OK....spill, what FI did you use?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Jan 14 2010, 10:42 PM) *

OK....spill, what FI did you use?

Custom setup by Jerry Woods. I can find out the individual components for you.
It's got individual throttle bodies and i have played with the mapping on the laptop.

No more "hey burn this chip and see if it makes a difference" ...
shades.gif Andy
Shade Tree
First, this IS a serious reply....
\

Your 911 is fine just how it is.......Get the 914 on the street!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Bob
The 914/6 is at Steve Willie's.....with my back the way it is, I asked him to finish it for me. Of course I have TO PAY him.... lol-2.gif
TravisNeff
Stay outta the whore houses, lol. I have a few stories about the bars they have at the front of their establishments (wells, NV)
Joe Bob
Not planning on it....but as a recently fucked.....errrr, divorced man, my opinion is Marriage is legal prostitution. Now I'm paying for it.... bootyshake.gif

Fucking Judge hit me with spousal and child support based on my former wages before I got hurt. I have to have it appealed.....in the mean time.... sheeplove.gif
EdwardBlume
North NV or South? If its Reno, I'll make a point of buying you lunch or dinner next time I'm out there...
Joe Bob
Carson City.....
DBCooper
Mmmm.... that's the place with the giant VW beetle spider sculpture, right? And the big Hot August Nights hot rod street meet? Or is that Reno? Whatever, definitely a long way from the Central Coast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.