Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine & Transmission Bolt Sizes?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vysoc
Hello,
1975 914-4 2.0 D-Jet FI

After 10 years the engine and transmission were reunited with the chassis. I am not really happy or confident with the bolts and nuts holding the Engine and Transmission. They are OK but origninal and after all the work I have done I want new Bolts, washers and nuts. My question would be what is the actual size of the Bolt for the Engine mount (2) and the Transmission mount (2). Also what is the recommendation for nuts & washers, Lock washers, nylock nuts etc...

Thanks for your help,

Vysoc
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Jan 15 2010, 07:11 AM) *

Hello,
1975 914-4 2.0 D-Jet FI

After 10 years the engine and transmission were reunited with the chassis. I am not really happy or confident with the bolts and nuts holding the Engine and Transmission. They are OK but origninal and after all the work I have done I want new Bolts, washers and nuts. My question would be what is the actual size of the Bolt for the Engine mount (2) and the Transmission mount (2). Also what is the recommendation for nuts & washers, Lock washers, nylock nuts etc...

Thanks for your help,

Vysoc

Best way is to take the bolt to your hardware store (loose nuts and bolt secton) and find a know thread pitch and size nut that works. Then measure the bolt ect. Also very important is the hardness which is usually stamped on the bolt (10.9 ect. or higher, maybe 8.8 but I think 10.9 for those bolts.) Ace Hardware has metrics and Hardness ect.) Or call Auto Atlanta as they have the nuts and bolts for sale.. I think nyloc and a lock washer would be good.
kconway
PET Says:

Engine Carrier Bolt = M10 x 85
Washer 10, 5
Nut 10, 5 Self Locking

Transmission Bolt = M12 x 1.5 x 125
Big Washer = Porsche PN 914 375 239 00
Nut = M12 x 1.5
detoxcowboy
Yep that is the sizes, I just could not remeber anymore, You still want to get a rated hardness though.. Automotive hardness seem to start at 8.8 though I know there are smaller less hard used in some places ect.
Red72
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but are these sizes the same for all years/transmssions? Replaced my transmission mounts tonight, and all went well...got to the engine mounts, and it struck me that a) the bolts were probably only rough equivalents installed by a PO, and b) diameter seemed quite a bit smaller than the ID of the engine mount.

Stephen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.