Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more project car needs... WTB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I'll post this in classifieds and this can quickly fade away... just wanted to check-in with people who might not catch it in the classifieds.....

Been working on the project again this weekend, and came up with a new list of little items that I still need...

Here is the technical part of the post:
-did the factory use a different spare tire lug wrench on the alloy equipted cars (must have)

Here are my needs:
- lug wrench for long bolts on alloy wheels (I think 19mm off the top of my head)
- A mirror for the windshield
- The center sunvisor mount.. the little do-hickey that screws into the header that both sunvisors then pivot from

I can buy a 4way if needed... but really want to put the sunvisors on and a rear view mirror if anybody has those for sale?

my direct email is:
brant914@hotmail.com
or PM....

thanks all
brant
brant
crap.. I just remembered one more thing.
I also need a warm air guide (tin work)
the piece on the drivers side (left) that is below and goes around the shift rod....

I specifically need the one from a 73 or 74 year side shifter car... (I'm sure everyone needs the same one)....

how bad would it be to just leave it off?

its part number 022-119-356B

don't know if this will work:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/engi...metal_large.htm

tia
brant
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 23 2004, 10:04 AM)
Here is the technical part of the post:
-did the factory use a different spare tire lug wrench on the alloy equipted cars (must have)

sorry i can't help with your parts - i don't even ownn any of what you need ...

but that puzzles me - i thought even the steel wheel lug bolts had 19mm heads. No? if they're not, what size are they ?
brant
maybe its just me... but my roller wheels have different size heads than the long-lug alloys heads...

I can't remember which is which, but I know one is a 17mm and the other a 19mm....

plus yesterday I found an old wrench in my spare parts stash and threw it in the car... Drove about 10 blocks away and heard the thump thump.. of a wheel I forgot to tighten after working on the car...
got out the wrench I threw in thinking how smart I was... it was too small to fit the alloy bolts (bolts are actually not alloy.. just wheels they hold on)

brant

maybe I have some weird bug bolts or something
brant
majkos
Brant,I've the mirror and center sunvisor piece.no lug wrench thou.Wanna swap for something? idea.gif
JWest
Bug lug bolts (same as steel wheel 914 lug bolts) are 19mm, as are the alloy bolts. You must have something weird if it is 17mm.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 23 2004, 10:57 AM)
maybe its just me... but my roller wheels have different size heads than the long-lug alloys heads..

the VW/Audi/H&R (non-Porsche) alloy lug bolts are 17mm, but they are lots less expensive and so are a popular replacement / retrofit item.

it's been so long since i saw a 4-lug bug lug bolt that i couldn't begin to tell you what size i remember it being...

i know all my Rabbit/Jetta stuff was 17mm... - or - at least - all the aftermarket stuff. i cen't recall what any of the stock stuff was either !
garyh
Grumpy Old Man Here. Yeah, I got your parts.

But... Read my earlier diatribes on people that clutter up the tech BBS with parts requests.

It's not just you. I'm -giving- away parts, but not to people that post wanted ads on the for sale page either.

Now... Where are those little blue guys?
brant
Kevin,

yeah.. what do you want to trade..
(I have your filter for you ... but you've got to name something more.. as I already owe you that)

Gary, thats fair... I didn't even think about the classified being in the wrong place.. but I will correct right now... I guess I was just being lazy with the board.. (its so easy to be lazy when the members respond so well/helpfully...)

sorry about that Gary.
b
garyh
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 23 2004, 01:36 PM)
sorry about that Gary.

biggrin.gif
SLITS
Being on this board means you don't have to say you're sorry smoke.gif
majkos
I want!.............?
Just a chance to drive that Pretty Green car! wub.gif
I've never driven a 2.0 before! mueba.gif
DrifterJay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2469051827
take a looksie..
brant
Kevin,

keep me in mind for a meet up on sunday if your schedule allows..... and I'll bring the green car

drifter jay.. wow thats funny his auction is most of the parts I need (and a few extra sunvisors I don't need).... maybe no one will bid and he will split it up.

Oh.. another minor probably impossible to find used part... the rubber trunk mounts to hold the targa roof... I'm gonna lood for a pair of those too.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.