Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fix or sawzall?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bryanf
A few years back I bought a what was a very nice '74 2.0 until the PO's son rear-ended another car at low speed. I was thinking of taking all the good bits and then junking the rest, but this car seems to be in really good shape (with the exception of the front end damage) and it seems a shame. According to the PO it has something like 75k original miles and it has spent most of its life indoors. It also has front/rear factory sways, uncracked dash and a rear reflector. It has virtually no rust and everything just 'feels' solid about it...

The body damage looks pretty light to me and the door gaps look nice and even. My guess is that it would be a much easier tub to repair than some of the rustoration projects that people have attempted.

I don't have time to rebuild it, but I was wondering if it was worth selling (or donating worthy owner) of if I should just strip it and haul it away.

Here are the pics:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Any opinions are welcome...

Thanks!
smontanaro
Looks like a restoration candidate to me. Maybe build yourself a 914 EV?
bill pierce
It has less rust than the one I am fixing now. I say save it.
veltror
looking at mine its pretty obvious
raw1298
Fix it!! smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
sixnotfour
thats a FIXXER
bigkensteele
No question - that car should be fixed. Looking at the picture, that frontend damage would be relatively easy to fix as compared to some of the advanced surgery we have seen on these pages. On the east coast, it might even win shows the way it is now. Well, you might have to buff it out first.
plymouth37
Time to post in the classifieds you got a fixer!
jmill
That's a keeper. Check out the link in my signature.
carr914
Hell, that would win a Concours in some places.....Fix It

T.C.
Jerry
..By all means...FIX IT !!! Mine had some damage to the front...it pulled out and is perfect now !! :-)
rick 918-S
PM sent! First dibs. First Dibs ! PM Sent! Back OFF! I have the skills to fix it. Sandy needs a car.

Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif
Smitty911
Donate it to me, I have a 501©3 Corporation Gamers Care, Inc. www.gamers-care.org

I could get you the nice Tax Write Off.

Just a thought, I'd even come tow it back to my house for repairs.
bcaschera
im somewhat local and in need of a tub. If it still has the original 2.0 i would definatly do a full resto.
underthetire
Save it. Better than my 73, I'd take it !
6freak
Fuck it ... sawzall-smiley.gif .cut the thing i two and scrape it . sawzall-smiley.gif ....Makes mine worth more LMAO
championgt1
Fix it! Cool color too.
bryanf
Wow! Cool. Sounds like there is a lot of interest. I'm glad to see that it'll be on the road again. I swapped the engine from this '74 into my '75, so I also have a very, very tired (at least 200k miles) 1975 2.0 bone stock djet (with all the smog gear) engine that I should throw into the deal, unless there is someone in california that needs all the smog crap to get their '76 car on the road. My original plan was to rebuild the engine from the 75 and swap back, but the truth is I don't really have the time...

I guess I'll be puttin' it all up for sale in the classifieds.
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 16 2010, 12:39 AM) *

PM sent! First dibs. First Dibs ! PM Sent! Back OFF! I have the skills to fix it. Sandy needs a car.

Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif

Get her a wrecked M5 BMW...she will be happier.
Oh wait...I know where there is one....

OR
Get her a V12 850...even better...you know you want a V12...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.