Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack points?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
So i know that the lift points are good for jacking but where else is good? I was just wondering because i've heard some debate on a few spots and i need to jack up one wheel for valve adjustment and timing..

P.S. ohmy.gifh and i don't want to put too much pressure on my longs.
Kirmizi
I'd say get yourself some ramps.
At least to be safer.
Mike
McMark
The rear 'donuts' are good places. The front 'donuts' are not. Since you have a late model engine mount, you can use that.
buhs914
yeah i have ramps and they worked great for my engine drop! so it is ok to use the engine mounting bar then?
Kirmizi
I back mine up on the ramps, then raise one side enough to get a tire free and support the raised side (on the engine bar) with a jack stand. It gives me enough room to slide around beneath the car without worrying about it falling.
Just do a search for "Evil Jackstands" about Gints' close call.
Mike
buhs914
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Jan 17 2010, 01:33 AM) *

I back mine up on the ramps, then raise one side enough to get a tire free and support the raised side (on the engine bar) with a jack stand. It gives me enough room to slide around beneath the car without worrying about it falling.
Just do a search for "Evil Jackstands" about Gints' close call.
Mike

Actually i remember reading about that! My jack stands should be fine.. And i actually did the same thing with the ramps. it was already on them from the engine drop so i just jacked up the one wheel and used a jack stand on the engine bar. Thanks for the help though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.