Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need New Motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914curt
Hello I am new to the boards. I have a 72 914 with a 1.8l in it that is shot and I am looking at getting a new motor. i was thinking crate motor and was hopeing that some of you could help me find a good place to get one. or recomoend some one to me that could possibly rebuild it good. i live in chicago if there is anywhere close pleas3e let me know. i really wat to get my car running it is the most fun car i have ever owned.

Curt
Jeroen
Hey Curt,

Welcome aboard!

As for your question... did you check the classifieds on this site?

cheers,

Jeroen

PS go to "my controls" at the top of this page and then choose "edit profile" on the left
and put your location in
This may help people point you in the right direction
Lawrence
Since you're in Illinois, call Brad Mayeur. He usually has several motors, ready to bolt in. You could probably pick up a complete early 1.7 very reasonably, and your 1.8 exhaust should bolt up to it, IIRC.

309-694-1797

Mayeur has email… but it's better just to call him. He really doesn't like email. smile.gif

I purchased lots of new and used parts and two 914s from Brad Mayeur. He's been a Porsche mechanic since the 914 was first delivered to the dealerships. He also developed the chassis stiffening kit that I used in my tech article. It's the only kit on the market that ties into the rear trailing arm for additional stiffness.

There's a VAST amount of experience on his end of the phone, and he's a genuinely good guy. While other's might have a toll-free line, it's definitely worth the dime.

-Lawrence
joea9146
I second that definetly worth a call to Brad Mayeur... really ggod guy.
The first time I ever spoke to him he sent me a rear cover for my 914 transmission without even
taking payment from me, he said just put a check in the mail aktion035.gif
Chris H.
Yup. Brad Mayeur.

Hey Curt, welcome to the Board. Glad to hear from another Chicago area 'teener owner. Hope to see you at some events this season.

Do you have a pic you could post of the '72?

Chris H.
'75 1.8L L-Jet
Brad Roberts
Brad all the way.... people send me email all the time asking if I'm "the" Brad Mayeur. No..I'm the other Brad.. finger.gif

B
fuch toy
VERY hard to confuse you two......except for the name.....I will Just bet that Mayeur's Dad does NOT carry pictures of his hot rods in his wallet instead of his kids...... blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.