Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phase 9's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

The outside of the Phase 9's on the Beast need to be refinished.

Are there any high temperature paints that would last, or is it best to just ship them off to Jet Hot coatings.

Or maybe there is another jet hot type coating that is good?

grantsfo
I hear Mike K is looking to do headers. Maybe you could get volume discount?

http://www.cobracountry.com/ap/home.html
stewteral
QUOTE(Randal @ Jan 18 2010, 08:38 AM) *

Are there any high temperature paints that would last, or is it best to just ship them off to Jet Hot coatings.

Hey All:

A question to everyone: does anyone have experience with coating of headers
actually helping in them lasting longer?

From my experience I can make the outside look good, but the INSIDE is getting heat, mosture and continual effects of corrosion.

Whaddya' all think?

Thanks,
Terry
Randal
QUOTE(stewteral @ Jan 19 2010, 12:52 PM) *

Hey All:

From my experience I can make the outside look good, but the INSIDE is getting heat, mosture and continual effects of corrosion.

Whaddya' all think?

Thanks,
Terry

I don't know where Chris Foley get his headers done, but whoever he uses does GREAT work. Mine are barely discolored after a lot of high temperatures passes.
stewteral
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Randal @ Jan 19 2010, 12:57 PM) *

Hey All:

Whaddya' all think?

Thanks,
Terry

I don't know where Chris Foley get his headers done, but whoever he uses does GREAT work. Mine are barely discolored after a lot of high temperatures passes.

Hey Randal,

Thanks for your response. I certainly appreciate good looking headers but was wondering is anyone could atest to a coating to make them LAST LONGER.

I have 180 degree headers (the Ford GT type bundle of snakes) on the Chevy in my 914 and have been running them for 3 years with just rattle-can hi-temp paint. They look fine, but I'm guessing they will rust out from the inside regardless how they look on the outside.

Back to you.....

Best,
Terry
Randal
QUOTE(stewteral @ Jan 20 2010, 05:16 PM) *

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Randal @ Jan 19 2010, 12:57 PM) *

Hey All:

Whaddya' all think?

Thanks,
Terry

Hey Randal,

Thanks for your response. I certainly appreciate good looking headers but was wondering is anyone could atest to a coating to make them LAST LONGER.

I have 180 degree headers (the Ford GT type bundle of snakes) on the Chevy in my 914 and have been running them for 3 years with just rattle-can hi-temp paint. They look fine, but I'm guessing they will rust out from the inside regardless how they look on the outside.

Back to you.....

Best,
Terry

Why not give JetHot a call and talk to one of their technical support people. They coat the entire header (inside and out), so they should last a long time.

BTW coating the inside does help with power.

Nice set up on your headers. Must be fun driving your 914!
stownsen914
I have Jet Hot coated my last two sets of headers. I have been happy. I can't compare back to back with paint since I haven't tried that. But my last Jet Hot coated headers lasted 5 years before I saw any oxidation at all. And it wasn't rot or anything - just needed another recoating.

FWIW, I believe Jet Hot coats the inside of the headers too.

Scott
Rand
Hey Terry (stewteral), do you have pics of your car online anywhere? I'd love to see the rest of your beast!
/hijack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.