Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inside pressure regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtndawg
The car I bought almost a year ago I was told sat in a storage unit for 20+ years. I've done a lot of things to improve it's condition, it was running very rich. I tested the fuel pressure and got about 60 psi, then I tried to adjust the pressure. This caused the regulator to leak. I found a new regulator and cut this one open. Here's the inside. The right side has a spring and the left is where the fuel flows. There's a diaphragm in between. You can see rust on the left. This was clogging the flow and increasing the pressure.
pbanders
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Jan 18 2010, 12:37 PM) *

The car I bought almost a year ago I was told sat in a storage unit for 20+ years. I've done a lot of things to improve it's condition, it was running very rich. I tested the fuel pressure and got about 60 psi, then I tried to adjust the pressure. This caused the regulator to leak. I found a new regulator and cut this one open. Here's the inside. The right side has a spring and the left is where the fuel flows. There's a diaphragm in between. You can see rust on the left. This was clogging the flow and increasing the pressure.

Good pics! If you follow the link in my sig and go to the D-Jets parts page, there's a diagram of the innards of the pressure regulator (click on the link under the entry).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.