Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT - Looking at pianos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
Our kids have improved enough to warrant getting a better piano.

Our max budget is $3000 but of course I'm always looking for a deal.

I'm drawn to the 48" and 52" upright Yamaha and Kawai pianos, due to the much larger sound board and longer string length.

Any expert or near expert advice is appreciated!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jan 18 2010, 12:42 PM) *

Our kids have improved enough to warrant getting a better piano.

Our max budget is $3000 but of course I'm always looking for a deal.

I'm drawn to the 48" and 52" upright Yamaha and Kawai pianos, due to the much larger sound board and longer string length.

Any expert or near expert advice is appreciated!

I did a lot of research on pianos and for the price am totally sold on the kwai or yamaha. Bosendorfer is the best and German, but who can afford one?
The high degree of engineering on the Yamaha piano produces a very crisp brilliant sound that really keeps its tune for a very long time, and although the woods used are not as superior as those in North America and Europe, like a finely tuned Japanese car, they are the most reliable for the money.
I had my console upright for years and LOVED to play it because of the sound, and only when I purchased a Yamaha player (disclavier) grand, did I sell it.
Beware of the graymarket varieties not made for the US. They actually are built differently to deal with the different humidity levels and should not be purchased without a caveat. You can check the Yamaha website for serial numbers to verify that you have a "for North America" built piano
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.