Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport Reunion II
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I posted this before, but the time is getting closer.

I will be in Michigan on THursday and Friday, returning Saturday (the weekend of Rennsport Reunion in Daytona).

I'm also in the middle of moving and selling my house, but I'd like to get a handle on who's coming to town.

Perhaps we can arrange a metting on Saturday or Sunday.

Regards,

Karl

P.S. I won't be able to show much on the conversion car as I'll be putting the parts in storage. The body is getting moved to another body shop next week (maybe someone will actually paint the f-ing thing!).
URY914
I'll be there and I've talked to Steve (smg914) and he's coming too. smilie_flagge6.gif

Paul
ein 6er
dang karl ...... i was hoping this would be your project's coming out party!!

of course i'll be there, hope to meet some others.

hey paul, did you go to sebring?
URY914
Doug,
Didn't go to Sebring. Did you?

Paul
ein 6er
OOOOOOOK ............... looks like it's the 3 of us .....
unsure.gif

sat./sun,

see you guys there!!! aktion035.gif

paul, nope didn't do sebring.
Gint
I wanted to go, but I can't do it. Too many other things on the calendar this year.

Get pics!
nomore4
I'll be there. Can't wait to see some of the early cars the factory's bringing to celebrate the 50th anniversaries of the speedster & 550. Also can't wait to catch air in the rental car while it's bouncing of the rev limiter. happy11.gif

I'll be flyin' the 914club hat.

joe b.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(kellzey @ Mar 23 2004, 03:57 PM)
I will be in Michigan on THursday and Friday, returning Saturday

blink.gif
You gonna have time to meet the club locals? cool_shades.gif
Jake Raby
was gonna go till my dad got sick... I'll be digging out of this backlog for an extra month!
maf914
I plan to attend either Saturday or Sunday, still not sure. I wish I knew more about the actual events. I've checked the Rennsport Reunion site and the Daytona Speedway site and I still can't figure out if the event is only for the high end Porsches listed or if its also for the typical HSR and VSR historic racers. confused24.gif

Mike
URY914
They are suppose to have a 914 parking area set aside.

I say we meet there. Someone wear a 914Club hat.

Paul
ein 6er
WTF?!? a 914 "parking area"?!? are they trying to keep us segregated from all the >REAL:lol:

hey mike, here here is a pdf file of all the entrants. looks like all the big boy$ are exibition only, not racing. a few GTs are listed, the collier GT isn't listed though.

and wouldn't you know it ...... it hasn't rained for a month and they are predicting "wide spread" afternoon rain/thunderstorms!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! mad.gif
maf914
Doug,

Thanks. That is just what I wanted. Now I am less sure about Saturday or Sunday. Saturday is qualifying in the morning, concours in the afternoon. Sunday is racing by classes. I want to see the big dollar cars but would also like to see the track events. What to do? laugh.gif

Mike
maf914
QUOTE(ein 6er @ Apr 19 2004, 03:55 PM)
WTF?!? a 914 "parking area"?!? are they trying to keep us segregated from all the >REAL< porsches?? it will probrbly be next to the bathrooms on the back side of the track!!! laugh.gif

Next to the bathrooms? That's where I found your car two years ago at the 24 Hrs? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

But that was up front, near the tunnels!

Mike
Jake Raby
Look for the Orange 914 running no windscreen, and a MassIVe logo proudly.... Thats our F Production he will be running really hard I'm sure with a DTM in place... If you get a chance stop and say hello in his pit, his name is Mark Peebles.... He'll be my representative down there.

That car hauls ass and is first in points right now, after this weekend his engine will be coming out and getting "Bumped up" with a new cam idea and a few more tricks...
Qarl
Sorry dudes, as much as this pains me, I just can't swing it to the event.

I am returning on Saturday froma business trip and I've got "moving" and packing to do for the new house.

It makes me sick. So many cool cars and nice guys so close.... dammit! mad.gif

Take some pics and post them here to make me even more sick to my stomach. wacko.gif

Qarl
ein 6er
Karl, bummer!!! you got to do what you got to do!! you and jake are excused, especially you jake.

i'll look for mark #178. hey, he is from longwood!! that's by orlando.

mike, HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! yep, i should be right at home by the shitters then!! biggrin.gif hey!! it was the only spot left to park!! a least it was by the ladies room!!

well they have modified the weather forcast. there is only a very slight chance of afternoon rain on sat. and sun. with a better chance on mon. and tues. so it looks like a good weekend!! highs in the 80°s!! clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.