Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Motor Trend article: 914 import car of the year
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Motor Trend Classic is back in business and the first issue celebrating their 60th anniversary with an article about their first "motor trend import car of the year" the Porsche 914.
I just finished a telephone conversation with them as they put the finishing touches on the article. It is so great when our 914s get that kind of press in a well circulated national magazine.
poorsche914
Great news! Do you know the publish date?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 18 2010, 02:08 PM) *

Great news! Do you know the publish date?

Upcoming. Not the exact date but the next couple of months. Article is done. I will have Jason post some pictures.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
smg914
Click to view attachment
914four
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 18 2010, 02:45 PM) *

Motor Trend Classic is back in business and the first issue celebrating their 60th anniversary with an article about their first "motor trend import car of the year" the Porsche 914.
I just finished a telephone conversation with them as they put the finishing touches on the article. It is so great when our 914s get that kind of press in a well circulated national magazine.

Did you let them test drive your car ("the" 1970 Motor Trend Import Car of The Year) for the article? smilie_pokal.gif
Michael N
Pulled out the cover of the mag from the article posted. Can't wait to see the new article.

Click to view attachment

What do you think the corvette would look like today if the continued the developement of it as a mid-engine car. idea.gif

One of my favorite articles in the last several years was the 914/6 comparison to the Dino 246GTS in Hemmings Sports and Exotic in 2008.
Lou W
Very cool beerchug.gif
JazonJJordan
Very cool indeed. Great to hear!
Michael N
I just got back from a run to Costco and purchased the Spring Motor Trend Classic that includes the EIGHT pages of George and his 914. The car was in good company in the magazine with the Fiat Abarth 595, Mc Queens 1956 Jaguar XKSS, and a beautiful bone original unrestored 1964 Cobra. Overall the 914 was repersented well in the article. Way to show off the 914's George clap23.gif . The article states that the stock 1970 914/6 did the 1/4 mile in 12.5 seconds ( Joe Izuzu "down hill in a hurricane") av-943.gif .
jim_hoyland
Congrats on the article and the car. Will you be bringing the Car of the Year to Tahoe for the WCR ? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.