Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Register NOW for the 914 WCC 2004!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2
JeffBowlsby
The Registration Form for the 914 West Coast Classic 2004 is now available for immediate download at the Event Website. The WCC will feature some excellent 914 activities, will have more 914s in one place than you have ever seen before and more 914 surprises. We will have a great time without a doubt. Come put a face to all these people in the 914 internet community. Many 914 owners from around the USA, Canada and even Europe are planning to attend.

Click the round red button at the top right corner of the 914World.com webpage or this link:

914 West Coast Classic 2004

Thanks to Jeroen Berloth (from The Netherlands) especially for finalizing the Registration Form and making the event webpage available. This event is truly an international undertaking.

Registration is due by April 30th, 2004 so do not delay, it is unlikely there will be room to accomodate anyone who submits the Registration Form after April 30th, 2004.

Tell your friends, bring your family for three great 914 days full of events. There are event flyers available to download on the event website for your distribution to anyone who might be interested in attending. Lets work together to make this the largest worldwide gathering of Porsche 914 cars on the planet in 2004.

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
Mueller
Hey Jeff,

just a little verification here......

can we have:

1 car = 1 Principal + 1 principal ???

or does have to be:

1 car = 1 principal + 1 friend/family ???

thanks,

Mike
nine14cats
Ha! same question...my wife and I are both going to drive in the auto-x....

me thinks it's 1 principal + 1 principal

Bill P.

Should be fun!
JeffBowlsby
One 914 = One Principal registration. If you can stuff more people in your 914, they can attend as family and friends at the reduced rate, or they can attend in a differnet vehicle, as long as they wont drive the Monterey tour in the non-914. Talk to me offline at bowlsby@aol.com with your special needs, I will accommodate anyone as best that I can, I just need to know the particulars. If you have more than one 914, each needs to be a principal.
Andyrew
So it MUST be a 914 to attend everything? What about other Pcars? Or strictly 914.

Im still debating on if im going to take my 914 or not.

Andrew
Joe Bob
I;m getting errors when trying to print the PDF registration page....also error and freeze up when trying to cursor down past page 1 of the registration form....

BTW...is there sound limit?
jonwatts
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 23 2004, 07:16 PM)

Yes, you're not allowed to talk all weekend.

I really can't wait to see everyone in one place; even tho mikey will probably deck me (deservedly).
Joe Bob
Mufflers are not on Manfred.....numbnutz.....
Gint
QUOTE(mikez Posted on Mar 23 2004 @ 08:16 PM )
I;m getting errors when trying to print the PDF registration page....also error and freeze up when trying to cursor down past page 1 of the registration form....

Gotta be on your end. I just downloaded the .pdf and can page and print just fine.
Demick

Mike

I get the same errors when viewing the pdf through the pdf viewer built into Internet Explorer.

Instead, download the pdf (right click the file, save as, save it to your desktop). Now double click it to open it - it should launch a standalone PDF viewer instead of doing it through Explorer. Should work fine now.

Demick
anthony
Twisty Road Tour Fees

Just curious what these fees are???
Joe Bob
Thanks Demick....that did it.....

Soooo, is there a db limit at the AX?

Don't see any Hotel or other lodging suggestions or stuff like that.....has anyone called and inquired to a reduced rate for a block of rooms or are we all camping on Brad's pee stain?
seanery
twisty road fees are I believe the 17 mile drive admission fees.
Demick
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 23 2004, 07:53 PM)
Soooo, is there a db limit at the AX?

No db limit is enforced at Candlestick.

Demick
Gint
QUOTE(Demick Posted on Mar 23 2004 @ 08:44 PM )
I get the same errors when viewing the pdf through the pdf viewer built into Internet Explorer.

I don't get it. I use Acrobat 6.0 outside of IE6 and Netscape4.75 on a Win2k box and it works fine. I loaded Acrobat 5.1 on my wife's 98SE box and loaded it in IE6 and that works fine also.
Joe Bob
Must be a CA thang.....

What's up on lodging?
Malmz
I would guess young kids are free? If I assume correctly, what age?

Gonna have to figure out if the wife will go in tote or if it's a boys weekend. Probably bring boy 1 and or boy 2 regardless...

sm
EdwardBlume
Just to clarify. You can participate in the WCC AX as a second person using one car, for an additional AX fee.
bernbomb914
Are there any Motorhome arrangements made or are there any Rv parks near that would work for the people who might tow there 914s .

Bernie
rick 918-S
Click on the hotel link on the Classic web page. Club hotel is the Pruneyard.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 23 2004, 08:17 PM)
Must be a CA thang.....

What's up on lodging?

Here's the hotel.
jimtab

Me too! /wtf? confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
The PruneYard Inn is the hotel and there is a special discount rate...just mention when registering that you are with the 914Club car group for the discount. All the details are on the event website.

I dont think I answered the questions about two drivers in one 914 at the AX. Rob is right, and its a special need. Sign up one as a principal the other as a Family/Friend and include an additional $35 AX fee for the second AX driver.

There are no special provisions for motorhomes, but I would not recommend driving a motor home on the twisty road tour... rolleyes.gif Bring it if you like, and park it somewhere. If you need a site with hookups, let me know we will find you a place.

This is intended to be a 914-only event, so bring your 914 if you have a choice! If you must attend in a non-914, rental car or other thats ok, you are more than welcome to attend, but we can't include you in the 914Club AX, group photos and you'll probably ride at the tail of the Monterey tour.

Wifes and kids of all ages would need to register as a Family/Friend, so we can include them in the 9:14 Breakfast and Monterey tour (lunch). Theres no free pass, sorry... smile.gif All the other events are free to attend, if the kids are not driving the AX.

If anyone cannot get the Registration Form to print, let me know at bowlsby@aol.com and give me a fax number, I will fax you a copy. I am running Win98 and Win2000 on another computer and haven't had problems, but I would not want you to miss the event for any reason... cool.gif\

Demicks suggestions to download and save and then open the Registration Form separately from IE may work for you so try that first.
Demick
I recreated the registration PDF file so that it does not give the errors people have been mentioning (at least not for me). You can download this file instead of the one on the WCC page if you have been having problems.

Jeff, you can replace the PDF on the WCC page with this one if you would like.

WCC_Registration.PDF

Demick
Jeroen
Please check if Demick's .pdf file works better.
If it does, I will replace it for the current one
(thanks Demick!)

cheers,

Jeroen
bernbomb914
I didnt intend to drive my motorhome on the twisties altho it will do better than some. I would tow my 914 to the WCC to drive it in the twisties. I prefer my motorhome to any Hotel. I am looking forward to this grand meeting of all the fanatic car freeks.

Bernie
JeffBowlsby
Bernie...I am 99% sure there is a nice motor home place just south of the 9:14 Breakfast meeting place off Highway 101 in Morgan Hill. Let me know if you need help finding a place.
Malmz
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Mar 25 2004, 10:13 PM)
I didnt intend to drive my motorhome on the twisties altho it will do better than some. I would tow my 914 to the WCC to drive it in the twisties. I prefer my motorhome to any Hotel. I am looking forward to this grand meeting of all the fanatic car freeks.

Bernie

Chances are, I will drive my RV too. We might have a small sub-culture at a local RV park if you guys can help identify one convenient.

Still trying to figure out if I should starve my 2 year old the week before so he can eat his worth at the food events. wink.gif

sm
Korijo
I dont think I can convince the wife, after 12 hrs. of flying/taking care of all 3 of us boys. And the costs wouldnt help my arguement (disreggard email, Jeff).

Prolly cannot attend... mad.gif sad.gif headbang.gif sad2.gif
Carl
I was having the same problem with pdf files and Adobe Reader V.6 on a different site. The conclusion was the plug-in wasn't working right and the problem was solved it by reinstalling Adobe Reader. The indicator is whether the locally saved file can be accessed by Adobe Reader per Demick's instructions.

Now, for those of you who weren't around, or who have short memories, there was once an event called the Tour 2000. This week-long 914 driving event occurred during the Summer of 2000 (oddly enough) and it was a week of driving the twisties on the left coast. It was great fun and, when it was all over, there were a lot of 914 owners who never signed up and wished they'd been a part of it.

So, don't screw up again and miss this opportunity. While this gathering will be different that the Tour 2000, it will still be a rare get-together of 914 owners to share the joys and miseries of being hooked on these little cars. Think of it as a 914's-Anonymous annual meeting. If you don't attend, nobody will know it, but if you do, we will!

My name is Carl and I drive a 914 ... beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
Please sign up.

B
rhodyguy
does the paper registration get mailed to jeff or what? point me to an address, please.

kevin
JeffBowlsby
does the paper registration get mailed to jeff or what? point me to an address, please.

Yep, download and send the Registrations to me. Everything you need to know can be had by clicking the round red WCC icon at the upper right corner on every page of this BBS...
rhodyguy
well tell me EXACTLY WHERE the address is located. adobe creates a error and i go through the loop over and over and over. where are the two other pages for the registration form? put the address right up FRONT!!! screw paypal. less is more. why does it have to be a fucking ordeal? i made it very simple for you to recieve the stickers. would it have been to much to post the address after i asked in my last reply? i suppose the fact that i was having a problem the the "red button" was a bit obtuse confused24.gif . or just pm-ing instead of quoting and then typing a reply when all i wanted was an ADDRESS. fcs

kevin
Demick
You can download the registration form here.

WCC Registration Form

The link to the one on the WCC page gives errors for some Adobe viewers. This one won't.

No excuses for not sending it in now.....

Demick
rhodyguy
it worked like a charm. thank you. that link should be behind the red button.

kevin
seanery
let's keep calm here folks! ohmy.gif
Jeroen
I replaced the .pdf form on the WCC site with Demick's version, so it should work without any errors for every one now
(thanks Demick)

cheers,

Jeroen
jimtab
Nice knockers Jaroen! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
Something for the event arrived today..... Oh, crap I can tell yet! I promised.... confused24.gif happy11.gif
rick 918-S
Hint hint smilie_pokal.gif it's a proto-type. (Like most of my car ha ha laugh.gif )
Jeroen
You're such a tease biggrin.gif
C'mon, the suspense is killing me...

cheers,

Jeroen
rhodyguy
there should have been something from the pacific northwest that arrived on mon or tues (sent to jeff). besides those, there exactly 96 of them left. when those 96 are gone that's it. you folks may have to fight for them on ebay. ps, a conformation of arrival, if they did arrive, would be nice.

kevin
rick 918-S
Ok, I forgot I was being a wise guy here. I started a new thread. Here's what showed at my house. This is a proto type. The planning committee has agreed on a few changes and decided on a cool custom base. If you want to see the finished product you'll need to be at the West Coast Classic or wait until the event photo's hit the BBS.
VegasRacer

Only 10 days left to get your registration in.
Don't be left out. DO IT NOW!!!
rhodyguy
do carbs count as a conversion? wink.gif

kevin
Bleyseng
Members of the planning committee can't win, right?

Geoff ohmy.gif
VegasRacer
The final count-down is on. w00t.gif
Only 91.4 hours left to register for the WCC.
(Ok, it's really like 100 hours. So sue me)
Don't miss your chance to be part of this great 914 event.
GWN7
Ok, just to let you know I'm in...arrive on the 3rd and leave on the 7th. I'm at work today, checked and have the time off. beerchug.gif

Someone from the polar region has to be there. I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the guy with the fur coat on and carrying snowshoes at the airport. (it snowed here this am) mad.gif

I wonder what car I can rent from Avis for the AX event? idea.gif
JeffBowlsby
I wonder what car I can rent from Avis for the AX event?

Most Excellent...Arctic One. Maybe Brad has an extra 914 available?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.