Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am stupid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bigbohr
Negative feedback on Autoatlanta is plastered all over this site and I didn't listen. Now that is stupid. Does anybody know what's wrong with these people cause I've never seen something like this. They just substitute items, break up kits and charge you more for the separate pieces. And of course every time you pay S&H.

The following blew me completely away. I ordered a spoiler for $99. They sent me an e-mail 1 month after I placed my order to tell me that they now have spoilers in stock costing $175 and whether I would like one of these because the $99 ones will take a while to be resupplied. I sent an answer back telling them "No, I'll wait till the one I ordered is available". And today I received a spoiler for which they charged me $187 (not including S&H) Errrrr ... whatthefu...

Sooo, my rule is now: I will not buy anything from AA unless I can't find it anywhere else. Unfortunately they do carry some pieces that are hard to find.

25 years of excellence ... I do wonder at what they excel?
Brad Roberts
Can you name exactly what they have that is hard to find (I cant).

B
boxstr
Your new rule is that you will not buy anything from AA unless you can't find it anywhere else.
I guess we will be reading this post again from BIGBOHR.
CCLINLESSONNOTLEARNED
Bigbohr
Steel flares for $950. You may be right about the rest. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Brad Roberts
I know where a OE set is for 1200$. I also know who makes the flares for AA.

B
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Bigbohr @ Mar 23 2004, 05:38 PM)
25 years of excellence ... I do wonder at what they excel?

Hey they are the best fuck-ups in the 914 world!

Now that's excellence. finger.gif

Never used them..never will.
Bigbohr
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 23 2004, 05:44 PM)
I know where a OE set is for 1200$. I also know who makes the flares for AA.

B

Some of us lowlifes are not as fortunate ...
Brad Roberts
Nah.. you just have to get in line and ask for what you need.

B
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 23 2004, 05:40 PM)
Can you name exactly what they have that is hard to find (I cant).

B

9146 trans mounts smile.gif
rhodyguy
good luck on the return. good luck on the credit hassle. good luck on the long distance phone bill. good luck with customer service. post a series of questions at aa"s "tech forum" reqarding your issue with the sale. clear the cobwebs first. i knew better and still bit for a piece-o-shite valance. if you should post there be level headed. mine lasted for about a week. about equal to the traffic there.

kevin- never ever again. my cars will sit idle first.
Joe Bob
Repeat after me....

I will blow Hitler before I will buy from AA or Patrick Motorsports.... :finger2:
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 23 2004, 06:11 PM)
I will blow Hitler before I will buy from AA or Patrick Motorsports.... :finger2:

that in itself has the potential to be extremely entertaining ...
jonwatts
Read their new book.

The Automobile Atlanta Story
"Excellence Was Exaggerated"
anthony
That's funny Jon!

And today I received a spoiler for which they charged me $187 (not including S&H) Errrrr ... whatthefu...

Call your credit card company and have them reverse the charge. Tell AA, to either sell you the spoiler for $99 or arrange for a delivery pickup at your convenience if they want it back.
seanery
call your credit card company right now!!! dispute the charges. You will win.
agentblr
Whats the dirt on Patrick motorsports? huh.gif
Bleyseng
ASk MikeZ as he don't like them....
Joe Bob
Shitty attitude and won't stand behind their products....
agentblr
Back in2001 I was in Atlanta for the Petit Lemans, thought I would stop by AA just to check the place out, its only a few miles from the track. Any way when we got there we were looking at some of the cars for sale on the lot and the most annoying used car saleman type I have ever encountered in my life would not leave us alone,He was a dick. When we made our way inside,everyone in that place was a snotty dick,when I asked to see the "916" and the M471 Car they told me "they are unavaliable for viewing" what a bunch of FUCKING DICKS!! Anyhow I've never bought from them since! ar15.gif ar15.gif finger.gif
agentblr
Yeah,no one gives a flying fuck in a rolling donut about custmer service anymore its very sad smash.gif
jones
AA in my book is still # finger.gif Geoff, have you posted the pics of the inside of that MPS I got from them?
scotty
Hi. I'm Scott and I once bought a part from AA... and didn't get what I ordered....
...but the catalog had some parts diagrams that helped (and it only cost $5)!

D@mn.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002
Rusty
"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Is Nashville the new crack smoking capital of the US? laugh.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Mar 24 2004, 05:34 AM)

-Rusty smoke.gif

No Rusty

That is a quote from your top boss. laugh.gif
majkos
[SIZE=14]AA![SIZE=1] finger.gif
I tested them once, never recieved my book.
Their excuse? out OF STOCK,Waiting for 2nd publication. Theses Mother f*cking A**hole put something on E-bay and didn't even have it in stock!
YEAH I'm pissoff.gif
tod914
Here's a good AA story....

I ordered a new MPS from them. Was $650. Seemed like an excellent price. They shipped it out, made in France version, and it wouldn't hold vaccum.
Spoke with the rep, said he would proptly send me another. So I get another one in. This time it's a rebuilt unit and new invoice of $650 + ship.
I call him on the phone and explain what happened. He said no problem, send it back (at my expense of course), and he will personally insure I get a NOS one. So, I send back the failed unit and rebuilt unit. I recieve yet another invoice for $650 + ship, and yet another rebuilt unit. Well, that went back too and I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Took about 4 months, but it is finally straightened out.
Odd thing is, on other occassions, I had no trouble. Must be who you get over there.
Rusty
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 24 2004, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Mar 24 2004, 05:34 AM)

-Rusty smoke.gif

No Rusty

That is a quote from your top boss. laugh.gif

That explains some things, I guess.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Bigbohr @ Mar 23 2004, 05:42 PM)
[name one item unique to AA...]  Steel flares for $950.

Uhh, excuse me???

"Porsche 914-6 GT Steel Reproduction Flares - set of four PEL-AA-914FF $925.00"

Well, I suppose you're right--when you get them from AA, they are $25 more... I'm sure you could send us the extra $25, though, and we wouldn't mind.

Yeah, I know they're not in the main part of the catalog. But a seach for "914 flare" will turn up the above. This is the \"add to shopping cart\" link.

--DD
zehrschnell914
Well said Dave. I ordered a 19mm master brake cylinder from PP and in less than a week I recieved exactly what I ordered (good price too). Thanks Dave.

Mike
Here's a good acid test,

-First time I was working on the 914 I had to order some parts, nothing to big but for some reason I ordered some parts from PP and some from AA.

PP- some fuel lines, brake lines, bleeder valves, oil strainer gasket....

end result-all parts in stock, at my door in 7 days.

AA- plug/wire set, cap and rotor set, and bosch sp-plugs.

end result- 3 weeks later nothing arrives. I call, order was lost...but guess what, it appears on my C Card!! after I called to the CCard company. 2 weeks later plugs and wires arrive, then a week after this...the rest comes.....took 6 weeks total!, Pissed me off to no end.

Never again.
Bigbohr
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 24 2004, 10:19 AM)
Yeah, I know they're not in the main part of the catalog. But a seach for "914 flare" will turn up the above.
--DD

huh.gif Why don't you put all this stuff in the catalog then? You could have made $925 ... Sorry but i don't have all the time in the world to find out what is not in the catalog. I barely find the time to work on my car. Need to work to pay my AA bills ...
Dave_Darling
I'm not in charge of the catalog.... (Or much of anything else, for that matter!) Good thing, too--or the catalog would be as out-of-date as the 914 FAQ!!

As to why they're not listed in the regular part of the catalog, I have no idea.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.